Please explain RLT and EPO?

sue_88

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know a little bit more about Rasberry Leaf Tea and Evening Primrose Oil.

I am looking into oral capsules for both (I don't really like fruity style teas and have NO desire to put anything up my lady bits!).....but I have no idea on dosage?

What is recommended oral dosage for each?

I'm thinking of starting around 32 weeks with the RLT, and then 36 with the EPO. Or if anyone has any other recommendations - please let me know!

:flower:

I am in the same position as you and would love some advice or recommendations ! I will be keeping my eye on this thread.

There is a brilliant thread on here about Raspberry Leaf Tea and Evening Primrose oil which answers everything - I found it really helpful as I'm now on RLT! Link here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

Oh great, thanks Loulou!!
Off for a read....:coffee::coffee:

That thread IS great. But for what it's worth, RLT is *not* fruity tasting in the least, so you may want to give it a try before you write it off. :)

Thanks Fiona. You probably guessed I knew nothing about it but since reading know its more like green tea? Still not my favourite but I'll get the capsules which you can make the tea with too.

I've learnt loads off that link :) :happydance:

Its a great thread, they really should make it a sticky!

I thought I'd hate RLT, as I usually hate herbal tea (although I love and am a massive milk and two sugars English breakfast girl! Have to have at least three cups daily!)

But I do love RLT, and find it does taste a lil like green tea, or normal tea without the milk and sugar. I agree its not fruity. I also drink it straight without adding anything to it.

I get mine in loose leaf and strain. I found a great seller of eBay that sells this in different weights. I get 50g link here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300882773985?redirect=mobile

I was planning on starting tomorrow, but just read the first post on that link. Because I've a c section apparently I shouldn't :( x

I'm a huge fan of EPO! I started taking it at 34 weeks, and by 36 weeks I was 2cm dilated, by 37 weeks I was 3cm, and by 38 weeks I was 4cm dilated (went into labor at 38+3 weeks, and was already at 6 cm before my contractions even started to hurt). Will definitely be taking it again this time! (Oh, and I took them orally. :winkwink:)

I'm a huge fan of EPO! I started taking it at 34 weeks, and by 36 weeks I was 2cm dilated, by 37 weeks I was 3cm, and by 38 weeks I was 4cm dilated (went into labor at 38+3 weeks, and was already at 6 cm before my contractions even started to hurt). Will definitely be taking it again this time! (Oh, and I took them orally. :winkwink:)

How many were you taking? I want to take 'em orally too :)

Does anyone know if EPO is more effective orally or vaginally?

How many were you taking? I want to take 'em orally too :)

I was taking 2 per day from 34 weeks until 38 weeks, and then I upped it to 4 per day until I went into labor. :flower:

Just want to jump in and let you know of my experience... obviously I have no idea if it is due to taking rlt or epo or if its just the way it would have been BUT I started taking RLT at about 35 weeks one cup a day and increased each week, however I started to really love the tea and by 40 weeks was drinking about 6 cups a day!!! I didnt get contractions, my womb just went into one big spasm... it was so intense with no break at all. The midwife said it was due to my womb not relaxing so makes me think perhaps the I over dosed on the tea. I started EPO I think 3000mg a day orally, I reached 10cm within three hours, again I dont know if this had anything to do with it ( mam had 3 hour labors on all of us too) but I will defo be taking EPO next time just in case that is what made things so fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->