please give me hope and advice>>>

Its amazing huh? Heated cots ae mind blowing, you have so much more access!

woohoo went into 6 o clock visit to find my beautifull lil girl in a heated cot with clothes on and a dinky pink hat hahaha im over the moon 3 weeks 1 day into heated cot seems like weve stumbled hundreds of miles to get to this point so going to enjoy every moment lol woohoooo

that's fab news! I remember being ecstatic when Mikayla was in a warmimg cot!!! :happydance:

woohoo another amazing update summer keepn her temp etc very well and is now on bolus feeds from 4pm today every hour until midnight then getting fed every 2 hours then every 3 then moving onto a bottlee whoooooooo happy days and also weighs 2lb 5 oz on todays weighin xxx

:( bolus feeds stopd she keeps desaturating and needn oxygen mask t keep her stable so they putn her on antibiotics and also considering blood transfusion :s will find out more in an hour x

:( bolus feeds stopd she keeps desaturating and needn oxygen mask t keep her stable so they putn her on antibiotics and also considering blood transfusion :s will find out more in an hour x

I know how hard it is in scbu. You're elated one minute and distraught the next. Keep us updated. :hugs:

all my thoughts and prayers are with you and summer and your family

doctor was happy not to do blood transfusion and wait and see how she is on next ward round at 8pm tonight,.
theyve given her antibitoics whilst they wait for blood tests to come back in 48 hours as a precation and shes on eye drops for an eye infection shes had for 3WEEKS n its only just came back now that shes got one as each time they were given her a test one was saying she did have it then the next one was saying she diddnt :( not very happy at the moment but as long as summer is ok for now thats the main thing xxx

its really hard but hang in their im going on week # 8 in trhe NICU so i know how you are feeling

summer keeps desaturating quite alot so is now back on oxygen :(

:hugs:. Hope she makes some improvement very soon. Come on Summer.xxxxx

Kaysha its all very normal hun, one step forward, two steps back sometimes. Alex had eye infections and blood transfusions too :( hated it, but she didnt give a stuff :)

Summer had blood transfusion last night but it hasnt improved her oxygen levels shes keep desaturating all the time so i have no idea whats wrong with her i will be going to hospital soon to see what the next step is for her ..
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SummerGallimore i made this page for her to help raise awareness and hopefully raise a bit if cash for this charity its keeping me buzy and my mind occupied please take a look and tell me what u all think xx

Hi there sorry new to this thread unfortunatly..
ive been going for grwoth scans every 2 weeks due to baby being small..however i went there yesterday alone as i thought it was jsut another scan only to be told baby is very small im 25 weeks and few days..so they wanting to take baby out as they say its gona have beta chance outside of me than in as the placenta isnt working properly and the blood flow from umbilical cord isnt doing its job properly...
How can they do this surely my baby needs to be inside,,
i have to go back next tuesday for another scan to check blood flow then they will discuss the timing of taking steriods but they said delivery will be more than likely before im 29 weeks...im soo upset and cant help but think my baby is going to die,,
the consultant said please be aware that this baby may not survive but we will do out best so dont wurry...i mean how can i not wurry i hope somone else is going through the same thing or has been through it so that i can have some advice i have 2 other healthy happy 37 weeks carried children who were quite small but otherwise healthy :((

I went through practically the same as you, reading your story was like a mirror of my situation. The only difference was that my waters broke, on the day of my 24 week scan and i was kept in hospital, given steroids etc. I had her one week later and that was 7 weeks ago. I think if she stayed in she would've probaby died because she was the weight of a 22-23 weeker and not getting the proper nutrients. The docs said they were gonna try and get her to 28 weeks then they were going to induce me, she didnt wait that long to come out but she is doing okay with ups and downs but truly a blessing. If they think inducing you is the best option, then do it because in most cases they know what they are doing and they will not knowingly do anything to jeopardise you or the baby's health. Good luck.:hugs:

Has anybody had an update? Thinking of you and baby Summer x

Summer has been home for a couple of weeks now and is doing well - I'm sure her mummy won't mind me updating you! Think she is over 5lb now :)

Summer has been home for a couple of weeks now and is doing well - I'm sure her mummy won't mind me updating you! Think she is over 5lb now :)

thank you! I did find her today on fb and have been looking at all her beautiful piccies x

helloooooooooooo everyone im so sorry i never came back i associated this with the bad time in my life and wanted to concentrate on the good and alot of you who i spoke to on here added me on facebook so i have connections that way...sorry to have stayed away i now realise we are all here to help eachother not just through the bad but the good tooo....

update on summer

she now weighs 16lb 2 oz still on full time o2 has been weaned off during the day twice now but bronc and collapsed lung made her go back on it,,, shes 10 month old rolling over sitting up rocking back and forth on her knees ready to crawl saying mama and dada and generally being a boisterous little girl..if anyone hasnt added me on facebook please do so yo can see how far she has came :)))))

great to hear the fab news about summer thanks for the update, btw what is you fb username

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->