Please help - Dizzy spell and lost balance

1st_timer

Pregnant with number 1!
Reaction score
Just on my short walk back from town after brunch with a friend my eyes went really tight, I couldn't see properly and went really dizzy. Nearly fell over but for catching myself on the railings.

Made it home but my legs feel like jelly and my eyes still feel weird. My Midwife team aren't available on Saturday. Can anyone advise what I should do? Should I go and lie down and rest or should I go over to the hospital and get checked out?

xx

Ring your labour ward and they'll advise you what to do. It can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia so do make sure you ring them! Good luck, I'm sure you're fine but better to check just incase xxx

Ring your labour ward and they'll advise you what to do. It can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia so do make sure you ring them! Good luck, I'm sure you're fine but better to check just incase xxx

Thanks - I just didn't know who to call. They have suggested trying to get some sleep and seeing how I feel after that. If I'm still suffering I have to go in and checked out. Thank you for your advice - I just got a bit panicy

xxx

Yeah, visual disturbances can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, but don't worry yourself too much. I would call the labour ward though, to be on the safe side, hopefully it'll just be something like low bp. Have a banana and a sugary drink and rest for a while but defo call the antenatal ward to be sure. Hope you feel better soon hun, take care. xx

No problem - now go rest and stop crawling baby and bump! :haha:

And keep us updated how your feeling! xx

Was wondering how you got on as it's been a couple of hours since you posted. Hope all is ok, keep us updated and take care. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->