Please helP! Follicular phase - bleeding until ovulation?

greta01

Reaction score
Hello folks (sorry about TMI)!

For the last 2-3 cycles, I have had my regular period from CD1 to CD 6 or 7; the bleeding stops for a day or two, and then starts again as spotting initially for a day or two and then goes on to become like a light period to continue until a day or two before ovulation... so I'm having about 24-ish days of bleeding, continuously which is exhausting, demoralizing, tiring, and is driving me crazy

I get positive OPKs (have gotten it twice, for 2-3 days in a row in any given cycle since this disruption started happening, and I see a definite temp shift after ovulation which has been happening relatively later in the cycle for me now (ovulating between CD 26-29 compared with CD 15 or 16 earlier when I had regular periods...)... my cycle is also much longer now (38-40 days as compared with a regular cycle of 31-32 days) ...

Has anyone had something similar? What may be the reasons for it?

I've been making the rounds of doctors to no end, done numerous tests, and they all tell me different things, some say its PCOS (doesn't make sense to me since (1) it suddenly started 2-3 cycles back (since Jan) (2) I've had no family history (3) they haven't tested androgen hormone levels; they did test FSH/LH ratio which was reversed but then they said it was because I may have been ovulating at that time according to my BBT chart (4) ultrasounds are normal... another doc said it may be a uterine polyp (she saw it on ultrasound) and wants me to do an ultrasound now with saline in the uterus and also do a biopsy... which I am scared of.

I'm going really crazy and could use any help or thoughts you can throw my way -- ladies... please help!

Also, does anyone have recommendations for good ob/gyns in DC area? I'm new to this area and any recommendations would be great help at this time!

Here's my chart, in case it helps: My Ovulation Chart

Hello,

Please look into Vitamin B Complex to stop mid cycle spotting. Also did you have your thyroid levels checked? TSH, T3 etc? I had a bout of spotting starting from ovulation day until my actual period started around 24 days.. This happened when I just started my thyroid medication and I went into a hyperthyroidism phase. Once my tsh levels were normalised the spotting stopped.

Hope your cycle corrects soon.

Hello Greta 01
I came across this post when googling a problem that I am having . I too am
Having bleeding through my follicular phase and I just don't know what to do. The doctors that I have spoken to have not been to concerned but it couldn't be normal
And I'm afraid I won't have a healthy pregnancy if this continues . In the past year I have had 2 mmc and 1 ectopic and I'm terrified that I will never have another baby. I would be so grateful if you could let me know your outcome? Did you ever get any answers as to why this was happening and have you become pregnant since

Thank you in advance
Blane

Hey, yes, I finally saw a doctor who did some intravaginal ultrasounds, figured out that the bleeding was happening because of too much build up of uterine endothelium. I don't know why that happens, but they made me undergo a one-day minor surgery of sorts where they kinda suctioned out the endometrium (I forget the name of this process...) and then I was good to go. Haven't had any problems since. Let me know if any other questions.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->