Please Help, I can't figure these OPKs out! @#$#@%

Rachel789

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I started doing OPKs for the first time this month. I just got off BCP a little over 2 months ago. I got my first period six weeks later than started the OPKs this cycle.

I started on CD9 and the first few days the test line was faint. Then the next 12 days they had a medium shade to them, then finally today it changed back to a faint shade. Below is what they looked like for the 12 days:

001.jpg

I am currently on CD22. I am so confused, does anyone know what this means? I have been temping and have not seen a shift yet but I am not counting much on my temps because I have been having interrupted sleep almost every night so the temps are not reliable. Please help!

well once you get a decent light starting you have to test more often until you get a positive. You couldve missed it, Mine were really short. like 12 hours

It's tough coming off bc, but like notmommyyet said, you could have missed your surge. Since you've been testing daily, I would say the first day your tests went light was the day after your surge and to count your o as that,if that makes any sense to you. I hope you get your bfp this cycle, but if you don't then just trust that your cycle will really even out next month!

Thank you for the replies! I tested twice a day when I first noticed this medium shade but then stopped because if I would have tested twice a day for that long I would have used 25 tests, and thats too expensive! I test every day around 2 or 3 pm. Is it normal for them to be that color for 12 days?

Are you using IC or real ones? Im guessing store bought ones since you said its expensive. Thats why you need IC you can test all you want and for soo cheap!!

oops I couldve just looked at the pic I guess. Well only test when u get the medium shade and when you think your close to OV. Dont test 2x a day just cause there is a medium shade. I used maybe 6 a month and tha was with testing 2x a day cause I knew approx when I wouldve OV.

I guess the problem for me is I had the medium shade for 12 days and I have no clue when I should Ov as I was on the pill for 12 years so I have no clue what my body is doing :wacko: I got my first period six weeks after stopping.

I took another test today and it is getting progressively lighter the past two days after having a pretty consistent medium shade for 12 days. Hopefully I Ov'ed at some point. My temp was up a little bit today but not above the baseline yet. Hopefully I can get some normal sleep again tonight and figure this out! :thumbup:

Well my bbt never went up and my OPKs have been getting lighter the past couple days. I am currently on CD 24. Do this mean I never ovulated? Someone please help :cry:

After going lighter for a few days they have now again gone back to that close to positive shade.

Anyone know what this could mean???

It doesn't sound like you've ovulated yet. Try not to stress out over this, your body is trying to get back to normal after the BCP. It can take some people several cycles to find their "normal".

It's good you're checking yoru temps... are you paying attention to CM too? CM is also a primary sign of fertility so will be a good indicator when you are getting a surge.

:hugs:

:dust:

I think I ovulated at some point because my temps have been up the past few days and I got the dotted line cross hairs on FF. I dont know how I missed it with the OPKs. Oh well, I did lots of BDing anyway so I think I covered it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->