PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS....Did I O on CD 14 or am I O'ing today on CD 20

fyrfytrlady

Reaction score
I am so confused. I thought I ovulated on CD 14. On CD 13 at 7 pm I had negative OPK, I took OPK with FMU (as instuctions stated) on CD 14 and the line was slightly lighter (very slightly) than the control line. I assumed I had a short surge and caught the tail end of a positive OPK. Every day after OPK's kept getting lighter and lighter. Thought I was 5 DPO today until my OPK this morning started getting darker. Then at 11am my OPK seemed positive as it was as dark or darker than the one on CD 14. Did I try to O on CD 14 and for some reason did not, and now I am actually O'ing? What a bummer, gave DH a break the last few days as I thought I already O'd. Plus I thought I was TWW but apparently must be back to O'ing. Help me ladies....Please!

Many women never get a positive OPK but do ovulate, they confirm this by temping. Sadly if you are not temping you don't really know when you O.

Also - some women get a second serge right before AF, which can turn an OPK positive. This doesn't mean they are going to O.

I don't think anyone here can safely guess when you did (or didn't) ovulate since you don't temp. At this point it's best to stay calm and wait for AF to come.

I highly suggest you start temping next cycle to avoid this confusing and unnecessary panic.

Thank you ladies, I appreciate it. I will be doing both, I will be :sex: over and over. I will also start temping next cycle.

i would recommend temping cos the change is so obvious, and it's not expensive. i tried that clear blue digital , and i was just able to catch it once for the past few months i tested.. it seems that it's better to test in the evening, i' m not sure, but the +ve coincides with temperature dip really..so i would suggest you trying to temp for a while, good luck!

Thank you ladies! I started temping this morning. I understand it is late for this cycle but I might as well get the hang of it. What is the temp change or difference I should be looking out for to tell me for sure that I ovulated? Thanks again!

It sounds like cd14 test was a negative if it was lighter than the control line. All cycle you can get light lines...but a positive is when the line is darker than the control...so it sounds like you are ovulating now. Fx'd

when I compare CD 14 and CD 20 they are the same color as the control line, and the same color as each other. Neither is lighter or darker than the other, they are all the same color intensity. That's what makes it harder to understand what is going on. I covered bases ystrdy, today, will tomorrow and the next day but, I missed the two days prior to CD 20 O because I was trying to let hubby recover from the last two weeks when I thought I o'd on CD 14. Have any of you guys heard of people who have actually O'd 2 times in the same cycle? It's odd because I have quite few symptoms, and I wonder if I am preg but I am scared to check for fear of disappointment b/c even if I was it would only be 7DPO. The one thing I cannot wrap my head around is how extremely blue all of my veins are in my breasts, my feet, my hands extending into my arms- it is sickly looking so even if my head was plying tricks with me RE symptoms how can I possibly have such crazy blue veins?

Wanted to UPDATE: Today is CD 23 and I have got another +OPK today (4th day in a row- 5 days this cycle). I took FRER this am and I see the faintest line I have ever seen in my life. I am gong to give it a day or two and take another FRER, hoping it will be alot darker by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->