please help me, I don't know what anything means

ItsOkCasey

Reaction score
I'm so confused by charting and OPKs. Yesterday was CD 17. My BBT is always between 97.5 and 97.9. Yesterday in the morning it was 96.3 and in the evening it was 96.2. This morning it was right back to 97.5. The last 3 or so days my CM has been clear, watery and heavier than usual. Today it is much lighter. No ewcm at all and all
- OPKs. Yesterday I also had a sore throat and some discomfort when swallowing. Today the sore throat is completely gone. And just forget about cervix position it's ever changing! In the morning yesterday it was hard and lowish by the afternoon it was much higher, softer, slimy. This morning it was almost so high I couldn't touch it. A few hours later, it's much lower and feels tight. The app I'm using to track told me based on the bbt I may have ovulated yesterday, but then it moved my predicted O day to tomorrow! So it's contradicting itself and my DH and I have BDed for 7 days straight. We're exhausted lol! I'm begging someone to tell me what is going on with my stupid body. I have very regular 30 day cycles, AF due 7/11.

Firstly your BBT is the lowest temperature your body attains during rest, so to get an accurate reading it should be taken at the same time every morning before do anything. I keep my thermometer on my bed side table and take it as soon as I wake up before sitting up or anything, and always take it between 6.45am and 7.15am (apart from the odd occasion at weekends when I may lie in until about 8am). If you have not been doing that (which your post suggests seeing as you say you take your temperature in the evening too) then the readings you have been getting May be inaccurate which is why your app may have difficulty predicting when you ovulated.

Secondly, your temperature should stay low from AF until you ovulate. It then rises after ovulation (sometimes sharply or sometimes gradually) and it should stay high until AF arrives. It usually drops again the morning before or the morning of AF arriving, unless you get pregnant and it will stay high! See the link to my chart and you'll see mine generally follows that pattern.

Thirdly, if you have not had much ewcm have you tried using a fertility friendly lubricant such as preseed or conceive plus? Ewcm is a crucial factor in helping the sperm meet the egg so if your body struggles to produce much then maybe buy either of those lubricants.

Fourthly, if you are still getting -ve OPK's maybe you've not ovulated yet. What time of day do you take your OPKs? The best time to test on OPK's is around 2pm in the afternoon as you usually get your LH surge in the morning (so don't use FMU like the instructions say).

I don't check my cervical position so can't I'm afraid I can't help you with that one.

GL xx

Hi thank you for all the info! I do take my BBT first thing when I wake up (nightstand thermometer as well :) I only took it again in the evening, after about 2 hours in bed, because I was confused by the morning dip yesterday. I didn't log the evening temp in the app. I have taken the opks around 11am and 2pm for the last week. All negative, but I drink like 5 liters of water a day...so, I don't know if that has squat to do with it. I just wish there was a clear cut way to know for sure! Grrr :-/

Pretty sure I read with cervical position you need to check once a day at the same time and in the same position, so squatting on the loo for example.

Pretty sure I read with cervical position you need to check once a day at the same time and in the same position, so squatting on the loo for example.

Absolutely true! It moves so much daily that it needs to be checked at the same time daily

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->