Please help me make Daisy have a fluffy bum ...

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
I have no idea where to start :dohh:

can someone please tell me a pretty but basic nappy? we don't have much money to start with but could introduce over time...

Daisy's a very wet baby don't know if that make's a difference but she has to wear baby dry rather than newborn range cause she just soaks through. oh and she's 10lb 12oz atm ...

please someone explain it to me or send a useful link that can help? xxx

Just having a peek as we are looking to switch too :) and Im REALLY clueless!

When I switched, we went onto Flips. They're plain pink, blue and green colours but economically they're great and lots of sites like Fill Your Pants and Cheeks and Cherries are doing offers on them this week because it's Real Nappy Week. They come with separate covers and inserts so if you need say 10 inserts, you'd only have to buy maybe 3 covers so it makes the whole thing cheaper.

Staydry is really absorbant and would be worth a go even with her being a heavy wetter. They also have an organic insert too which is really absorbant.

Then there's pretty things like Itti Bittis but they're not as cheap...

Have to give Aisling her brekkie but I'll try and come back later and post some links for you xx

linky in my siggy will give you loads of info on whats out there!
theres one on getting started and another on FAQ's
Enjoy!

yay hayley!! You've come over to the fluffy side!! :D

def check out the links in littlestar's profile, they're brilliant and shes done a fab job of the FAQ's!

If you like I could send you a couple nappies to try? Im pretty sure a Bumgenius V3 is a brilliant starter nappy...they are abigail's night nappy and last her upto 10 hours!! and no leaks... :thumbup:

Also could send you a Flip with a couple staydry inserts if you like? You get both these nappies in bright pink and the V3 in baby pink so they are still cute just not 'fluffy' as thats more minky nappies like Blueberry, Itti's, WeeNotions, Issy Bears etc

If you cover postage I dont mind sending u my Flip and a BG V3 for you to have a wee nosey and try them out on Daisy without having to spend hardly anything? :hugs:

There's a nappy library too hon if you want to have a look at what people have available to borrow :D

I've just been looking online and like the look of something called a pocket nappy? its plain white and you can buy a single one for £12 would this be any good?

Twigs thanks so much for the offer that is so lovely of you and i'd be more than happy to pay postage but I'd be too paranoid I'd ruin them in some way what with me being totally clueless!!

Thank you for your help girls, I'm looking online right now while Daisy's having a nap, I guess its all about trial and error. I learn more by seeing people doing it rather than reading so hopefully once I've got one it'll be easier than it sounds? x

oooh what about fuzzi buns?

Oh dear... :blush: xxx

hayley also check out your local council to see if they do a real nappy scheme, some councils offer you a couple of free cloth nappies or offer you money back against cloth nappies you buy, like here (in leeds) you can either get 2 free cloth nappies or they give you £30 cash back when you show proof of spending £50 on cloth nappies :)

Ok I'm getting a bit carried away now :haha:

what do they come with? so I have to buy things to go inside or are they washable? x

like this one... https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11713.html

Do I need to buy anything else or just this for it to be usable? :shrug:

xxx

like this one... https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11713.html

Do I need to buy anything else or just this for it to be usable? :shrug:

xxx

nope, you would just have to pre wash it and it would be ready to go ):

Im new to this too... have just bought a few preowned ones for now ( well 9 lmao ) Once all these arrive i shall see which works for us i think... I bought some off cloth nappy tree and some from here :)

Ive bought mostly aios but have also bought a few pocket ones too :D

I cant wait for them to come am really excited lmao!!

Ohh blueberry's are lovely! I never prewash my nappies before I put them on! Bad me! :blush:

does this one not even need an insert? :shrug: xxx https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11305.html

Nope, that one is an all in one so everything is there :)

does this one not even need an insert? :shrug: xxx https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11305.html

if your wanting to try easy fits babipur have them for £9.99 at the mo.

easyfits on babipur

honestly though, do try a few of different types to find what works best for you and your LO.

ok so going for 1 bum genius, 1 flip and 1 easy fit :/ wish me luck :haha: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->