Please help me make Daisy have a fluffy bum ...

ooh do I need to by and disposable inserts?? xxx

did you buy stay dry or organic or just the cover?

if your not sure how much did you pay for the flip?

Yay! :D No need to buy disposable inserts, they're an optional extra

Sorry to join this thread so late on. Today I put Mairi in her first flip and boosted it with a bamboo insert. For fit and quality, I was very impressed. I am even plucking the courage to put her in one overnight!. Good luck and I hope the postman hurries up!
Joanne x

thelilbump is millies nappies your site? xxx

yay hayley!! :yipee:

I love my bumgenius, if ur guna get on with a nappy it will be them...oooh bet you're all excited for your fluff mail now! hehe

i hope you like your nappies, its so good once you get going...washing really isnt that bad, invest in some disposable liners if you're getting on with fluff and know you want to stay with it (biodegradable ones) only £2.50 for tonnes- and just flush the poopies down the toilet!

it gets so addictive though, the pretty nappies are what'l get ya, the practical nappies are how you start off!

Millie's nappies is TLB's site :flower:

And yep addictive it is :dohh:

Ive been thinking of this myself. But dunno where to start, i checked out that link but im still clueless :blush:

damn wish i'd have used that site now - definitely will next time i already have my next two eyed up ... one being a purple Daisy one mwahahah :haha:

i guess its a cheaper addiction to my previous pram addiction - not that we can afford either.

samzi i you tubed some. for me most basic was realistic i've found loads i like now i bought some! i must have a load full to make it worth while lol.

can anyone tell me step by step how to wash them? xxx

I only decided last night that i wanted to use them... so far today i have bought 9!! And have 5 on hold till next week when i can actually afford more:rofl:

a friend has recently started with them so il pick her brains tomorrow as well as looking online :D

hayley...if they are brand new they need a little washing to get their absorbency up...

iv just bought new bumgenius v3's and iv done a rinse, 60 degree wash (with a tiny amount of gel) and then another rinse...they were fine when i put them on her!

A note about prewashing- you dont have to dry them out until the next wash...a spin gets them dry enough.

Washing really isnt scary- if you have enough for a 2 day rotation its really only 1 extra wash every 2 days! And dont worry if you dont have enough for a wash....do a half load- or if you dont have enough time to do a wash then chuck a sposie on them...
just get through the first bit of feeling around whats best for you and how to work reusables....then start to look at different ones, getting a larger stash, then moving to cloth at night....

just take baby steps...and if you only have a few reusables- use sposies to fill the gaps- or if you just find you dont have time to get a nappy wash in!

there are sooo many i want now will have to write a list and leave it hanging around :haha:

where are the best sites? think i'll be using the millie's one from now on?

thanks twigs that's really helped :) do i wash them the same way as a pre wash? do you put the gel in with the load like usual? and is your washing machine meant to have a half load option? don't think mine does. i'm so used to doing the same for all clothes there's settings i never use!

do you use just the pocket type ones or do you use ones that you can buy wraps for cause some are really pretty but that's a whole new kettle of fish!

samzi let me know if you get some it would be good to have a newbie to share washing dilemmas with haha.

xerinx what nappies did you go for? i bet you've got some well cute ones :) i hope my postie comes soon didn't even check the delivery time scale knowing my luck its a month or something? x

there are sooo many i want now will have to write a list and leave it hanging around :haha:

where are the best sites? think i'll be using the millie's one from now on?

thanks twigs that's really helped :) do i wash them the same way as a pre wash? do you put the gel in with the load like usual? and is your washing machine meant to have a half load option? don't think mine does. i'm so used to doing the same for all clothes there's settings i never use!

do you use just the pocket type ones or do you use ones that you can buy wraps for cause some are really pretty but that's a whole new kettle of fish!

Yeah sites I use...Millies nappies, cheeks & cherries, Fill Your Pants, Baba Me, Babipur.....and also go on Cloth Nappy Tree (CNT) all the time for pre-loved nappies...

for a normal wash, id just do a 60 then a rinse, not bother with the extra rinse at the start....thats just for prewashing brand new ones.

Iv got a half load option on my machine but possibly not all machines have it?

Im a pockets girl....love pockets as you can stuff em' with as much insert as you need- so if you've got a heavy wetter and need to boost it then the options there. Plus they dry quicker....as you take the insert out of the pocket to wash/dry so the two pieces (shell/cover and the insert) dry quicker apart...they are simpler as just the one piece goes on, just like a sposie (so richard will even be able to chuck one on daisy! :D)

Favourite pockets are Blueberry, Mini La La, Bumgenius, Issy Bears and my WeeNotions!

I'm a pocket girl too :thumbup: although I do have a bit of a love affair going on with Flips. :haha:

:cry: was kust ordering from millies nappies and you cant pay by card :cry: I dont have paypal and cheque takes too long :hissy: I'm too impatient

You can set paypal up hun.. does take a few days tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->