Please HELP ME!!! pt.2

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
:wacko:
Okay to catch you guys up I've been doing Heprain during this pregnancy, because of a gene I carry. I had an allergic reaction that broke me out in rashes EVERYWHERE, it subsided and now it's back! The doctor's told me to take Benydryl.... I've been taking it and I don't wanna hurt my LO, but I have been scratching so much I'm bleeding and bruising. IDK what to do... I've tried the oatmeal showers with the oatmeal body wash... Scared to do the baths because I think I"ll at to much and clog the tub up ha ha! Please tell me any suggestions you have

I'm pretty sure benydryl is okay to take when you're pregnant so if that's what gives you relief then you may have to do it! Plus, your doc wouldn't have recommended it if it weren't safe. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions! Might be worth it to do the oatmeal bath and just scoop out as much as you can before you drain the tub?

My doctor told me to take benydryl and I confirmed with the pharmacist that it is safe to take . Cool showers have helped too .

Yep, Benedryl is a good source of relief. Cold showers help too. Also, depending on your condition that is causing you to itch.....frequent showers can help (like 2-3 times a day). Sorry you are going through this.

Sorry, I just saw this. Are you doing injections? I ask because I am doing Lovenox injections and am having the same problem. Nothing happened for the first 3 weeks besides HUGE bruises across my whole belly where ever I gave myself a shot, but then 3 weeks in my belly just started itching like crazy all over and I can't help but scratch and have scratched til I bled as well. My doctor did not tell me to take benadryl so I've just been suffering. She said it's normal because all the injections are irritating the skin. I've tried so many lotions and everything but nothing helps :-/

:wacko:
Okay to catch you guys up I've been doing Heprain during this pregnancy, because of a gene I carry. I had an allergic reaction that broke me out in rashes EVERYWHERE, it subsided and now it's back! The doctor's told me to take Benydryl.... I've been taking it and I don't wanna hurt my LO, but I have been scratching so much I'm bleeding and bruising. IDK what to do... I've tried the oatmeal showers with the oatmeal body wash... Scared to do the baths because I think I"ll at to much and clog the tub up ha ha! Please tell me any suggestions you have

what gene do u carry hun? i ask because i have to inject twice a day with clexane

Um, you could go on Arixtra instead. I was on that until my insurance figured out I wasn't allergic to heparin.

try e45 cream taking a bath in bicarb of soda, drink lots of fluids
i had an alergic reaction a few weeks ago so know how it feels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->