please help me - so many questions - finding it hard!

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
Ok so am finding this weaning lark so confusing and feel a bit lost - i really want to get this right and keep her healthy...so if you can have a look at my questions i'd really appreciate it - I have lots of questions so will ask them logically if i can.....

1) How do you move baby onto foods with lumps - at what age?
2) Do you have to wait until they have a tooth or two before introducing lumps for chewing practice and finger foods?
3) Amelia is 6 months but has been weaning since 4 months - is this too early to move onto lumpier foods - she has no teeth -- what about finger foods, can she have them?
4) What makes good healthy finger foods?
5) When can i introduce meat and fish - can i puree meat and fish?

Finally, i am really stuck for 'menu' ideas - amelia is ready for 3 meals a day - but how? She has baby porridge, sometimes mixed with fruit purees for breaky - can she have weatabix, readybreak etc yet? She has potato blended with various pureed veg for lunch - what can i give for dinner? Surely i can't give potato and veg twice a day - i want to ensure she gets plenty of variety.

:hugs: if you are still with me :dohh:

If she is over 6 months then she can have meat and fish and finger foods. Weetabox and Ready brek are also ok - and with cows milk if you want. My LO wont eat anything off a spoon so all his meals are finger food - so can't give advice on lumpy stuff
Breakfast - sticks of fruit and toast fingers and cheerios
Lunch - cooked carrot sticks and bread sticks with hummus or scrambled egg
Dinner - he usually gets leftovers from our previous nights dinner eg chicken with mash and broccoli or roast pork with roasted veggies
It does take them a while to get the hang of finger food but stick with it - its really good for their hand/eye coordination.

i've dumped the puree'ing now and following more of the blw. but he still has help with mashed stuff. he eats what i eat now.
breakfast you can give her some toast fingers they are great finger foods, and she'll most likely suck it to a pulp which is fine they dont need teeth to do this.
yoghurts are fine, any fruit puree'd or cut into batons, rhys loves mango and banana,
she can have meat now, you could cook it and mash it with a bit of cheese and freeze, then pop into a veg of your choice that give some variety.
if you make a shephards pie for instance i freeze 2 meals for the days when i have curry or something craig cant eat.

rhys has practically the same for breakfast and lunch everyday porridge breakfast,sandwich at lunch.
and tea is something we have. yesterday rhys had advacado sandwich lol.

i've got this book its fantastic

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finger-Bab...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248548450&sr=8-1

xx

i was going to say pretty much what the other ladies have said! when imogen started weaning i also found it really difficult knowing what to give her an what not to, there is so much conflicting advice i found but what i found helpfull was the annabell karmel website cos i'd look at the recipes an know pretty much what she could have an what i could freeze aswell.

hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->