Please help me!Struggling! UPDATE tongue tie, cmpa/soya sensative anyone?

nicki01

Reaction score
This could be long! :-(

LO is 16 weeks tomorrow, she is breast fed (had a few bottles of expressed milk when I've had appointments), I never really struggled with it untill now!
2 weeks ago she started getting really loose poo, almost watery and occasionally dark green.
She also really started to fuss during day time feeds (she feeds 2 hourly). Was fine for night feeds.
It's gradually gotten worse, she gives me hunger cues and signs but as soon as I put her to my nipple she screams, or has 2/3 sucks then screams! Sometimes I think the milk isn't coming quick enough so after 3 sucks she gets frustrated! I can't feel my let down anymore either, I used to get a tingling but I don't feel these days! This can go on for 20 mins to 2 hours! She almost gets distressed when she gets hungry!
I've tried feeding her before she gives me the signs so she isn't too hungry but then she won't latch as she isn't interested.
I wasnt overly worried as she would have a day like this then the day after she wouldn't be to bad but its seems to be getting worse, most days are a battle now! Also she was weighed on Tuesday and has lost an oz in a month so hv is coming back in 2 weeks.
I don't know what to do, I try and offer her the breast as much as poss but she just screams most of the time, she has had less wet nappies today too!
When she does feed its also only for a few minutes, the best feeds we get are at night.

What can I do?
I've been so so close to throwing in the towel and giving formula but I really don't want to, also why am I not feeling letdown?

Please help me and give me some encouragement! I don't want my baby to be hungry or loosing weight? I'm worried the poor mite is always hungry and I'm starving her or something!!

:hugs: I dont really have advice but wanted to give you hugs and bump your post to the top.

I'm not too sure, but hang in there and don't beat yourself up!! It is such hard work and a lot of responsibility. I think I read somewhere that green poos could be a sign that something you ate is not agreeing with her and to try to eliminate food groups you think it might be, like dairy. Also maybe try to burp her or rub her back when she seems fussy like that. Do you do compressions to try to encourage a quicker letdown? Also if you had a pump you could pump for a few mins to get the letdown and then put her on. Good luck and keep on trying!! You'll figure it out!

Thank you for the reples, its much appreciated!

Ive been to see the breast feeding counsellor this afternoon and got quite a lot of info!

She has advised us to go see a chiropractor as tori was a shoulder dystocia birth and could be something to do with that, also she has a 25% tongue tie which apparently the doctor wont refer as its only slight! :wacko:
Also suspected cmpa/soya sensitivity so ive got to try and cut all forms out of my diet! :wacko:
I also have a low supply so ive been told to ask the doctor for domperidone pills and buy some fenugreek and pump after feeds!

So much to think about!!
Anyone got any experience on these things, advice would be helpful! :thumbup:

I was readmitted to hospital at day 21 because my little girl wasn't putting on enough weight. We were advised to give formula top ups and work on improving latch & upping supply. I took Fenugreek & Blessed Thistle to try to boost my supply. I also pumped for 10 mins each side after every feed (except the early morning one). I managed to get a dramatic boost in my supply and cut out the formula in 10 days. I'm not sure if it was just the pumping that did it or the herbs as well. I was willing to try anything! If that didn't work I was going to try the domperidone(?) drug.

I took my LO to see an osteopath to see if she suffered any alignment issues. We had two sessions. I asked if he could work on getting her bowels moving again (possibly slowed from the formula?). She went from doing one poop every 4 days to pooping 5-6 times per day! Maybe a coincidence but my Osteo works wonders for me so figured it would be worth a visit to see if he could help my girl.

Hang in there, Nicki. I hope it gets easier for you soon. x

I've not been told about blessed thistle? Do you think it would benefit me to take it?
I'm not to hopeful that the doctor will give me the other pills as my docs is pretty rubbish and hates giving prescriptions!!

Im not sure about the Blessed Thistle. Ive heard more about Fenugreek. It's just that I read a few posts about taking the two in combination so I thought I would try everything. It was a pain to get hold of, I had to order it from the US (to be delivered to UK). So I started taking Feugreek on its own until the Blessed Thistle arrived. I noticed my supply going up before the Blessed Thistle arrived so perhaps it was all down to the pumping & Fenugreek.

How are you getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->