Please help me understand what teratozoospermia means!

hopefullll

Reaction score
Hello, my husband and I have been trying for our second for a year now with one miscarriage the first month of trying:( Since then, ive been going coocoo not knowing what is going wrong. We have the fertility monitor and are taking fertile aid to regulate my periods but can't figure it out. So, my husband went for a semen analysis and they said that 40% of his sperm have crooked tails and are therefore abnormal. What does this mean in terms of fertility? Anyone else with a similar experience??

Umm, it obviously means 40% of his sperm are immobile and defective so therefore cannot make a baby. He has 60% what a "normal" man would have, I guess. I don't get what's not to get.

Thank Jcarriker, you obviously did not understand my question, but thanks for making me feel like a tool:) I asked what this meant in terms of fertility. Meaning, is it possible to still concieve with 40% being abnormal. This is why I asked for people with a similar situation to respond, perhaps hoping that they were able to conceive naturally. If you know nothing about it, please don't respond unless you are going to be possitive.

Wow that was rude! Sorry I can't be more helpful but from what I understand it would fall under morphology...so he would have 40% abnormal forms. I don't think that's bad at all, I have heard that you can have a very high number of abnormal forms and still achieve a pregnancy. Are you able to make another appointment to discuss the results?

I've heard morphology only needs to be 4%!

Don't quote me on that though. But I wouldn't be too worried yet.

Call and ask the doc.

Ready, that sounds right to me...with we both have a bad source or we are both right lol!

Yes we were told Morphology only needs to be 4% too!

that other psot was so rude, can't belive it! the poster has got it wrong anyway! It does not mean thay can not swim!!!!

Wow... That 1 comment was pretty uncalled for!

Didn't want to read and run, my OH hasn't had a SA yet but we will be going to the Dr if we have no luck after christmas... It only takes 1 little spermie to make a baby, its just aiding that little spermy to it!
Have u tried Softcups and Sperm Friendly lube to aid their swim? We are tryin it this mth and hoping for the best!

I personally think a lot of gettin pregnant has to do with luck... Good luck or bad, depending on ur circumstances! I caught with DS after just ONE unprotected time! Now I've been 'unprotected' for a year, and charting since August and so far... Nothing. Have u ever watched The Great Sperm Race? Puts a lot of what they go thru, into perspective! U'll be in the lucky 20% soon, I'm sure!
And ignore people with total attitude problems... That isn't what this site is about and its the 1st time I've ever come across something like that!!

GL and :dust:
:hugs:

Umm, it obviously means 40% of his sperm are immobile and defective so therefore cannot make a baby. He has 60% what a "normal" man would have, I guess. I don't get what's not to get.
Wow that's mean :nope:

Please use the forum with a less rude approach and as it should be supportive and sensitive (especially in some areas of the forum more than others).

If you have nothing nice and/or constructive to add to a thread sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!

I personally think a lot of gettin pregnant has to do with luck... Good luck or bad, depending on ur circumstances! I caught with DS after just ONE unprotected time! Now I've been 'unprotected' for a year, and charting since August and so far... Nothing.

I agree with this 100% :thumbup:
My first baby took 19 months and 4 IUIs, my second was one single act of ntnp.

I'm hoping we all get lucky soon!

The second poster is from teen pregnancy, so I'm not sure why she'd be in secondary ltttc anyway??

She probably saw it on 'unread' messages, like I did. Even being a 'teen' doesn't account for being that insensitive! I was a teen mum, that didn't make me spiteful...!

The second poster is from teen pregnancy, so I'm not sure why she'd be in secondary ltttc anyway??

I am TTC no 1 but saw it on the first page wen i logged in and as DH has low morphology i was interested to see what it says.. thats why i clicked on it...

no idea why a teen would click on it though, it was pretty nasty... but never mind there are lots of lovely ladies on here who have been so nice and helpful to me, ther are far more genuine people in here that nasty x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->