Please Help! My 9 month old keeps spitting up!

hello_kitty

Reaction score
I wouldnt be that concerned if he was a younger baby...but he is 9 months old now and has just started vomitting/spitting up out of the blue. It has been going on for at least 1 week now and whenever I call his doctor's office, they act like it is fine since they said he is peeing and pooing and acting ok. I'm wondering if it is something I am doing wrong or if he has caught something that I am unaware of (he doesnt act sick though). When he does spit up (30 minutes - 1 hour) it stinks. Sometimes he throws up his whole bottle. Has this happened to anyone who has an older baby? He hasnt done this in a very long time...probably since half a year. Please help! I dont know what to do!

At what time do you offer him milk? Try to leave a gap of 2 hrs between meals & milk & see how it goes. His stomach might be full from solids & the milk is too much fluids for him to keep down.

At what time do you offer him milk? Try to leave a gap of 2 hrs between meals & milk & see how it goes. His stomach might be full from solids & the milk is too much fluids for him to keep down.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking too. Sometimes my little boy would spit up/throw up if he had his milk too close to when he ate, his tummy just got too full. So I spaced his milk out from when he got solids, and that solved the problem for us.

The other thing that comes to mind is possibly a sensitivity to something he's eating? Is there anything new in his diet that he could have a sensitivity to?

Or it could jsut be a stomach bug. Babies don't always necessarily act as sick as we do when we have a stomach bug. My whole family had a stomach bug back in February, and my baby acted totally fine aside from throwing up when he ate. He played like normal and everything, while the rest of us just laid around feeling awful.

My little one started spitting/throwing up when she started crawling- its like her belly wasn't used to all the wiggling around straight after a feed, could it be that? x

Thanks everyone for the awesome advices! I laid back on the solids yesterday to see if it was the solids that caused the vomiting.

I gave him a 4.5 oz bottle yesterday night and put him in his play station (set up like a walker but it doesnt walk, just has toys). He was jumping up and down and I dont know how much time was into it when I started smelling vomit (like old milk). I looked at him from a short distance and saw that he was acting fine and smiling, so I thought it was just me. Then I came closer to pick him up and released he DID throw up and it was dripping over his play station, meaning he probably threw up while he was leaning against the thing. Considering I didnt give him any solids yesterday, I dont think I can blame it on that.

The day before yesterday, I gave him a jar of fruit and he finished it. I gave him water to wash it down and he ended up wantign to drink more of the water. As a result, he started coughing and threw EVERYTHING up (and ruined his shirt).

He just started to crawl 2 weeks ago and I did notice it started when he crawled, but the doctor said its not related.

If you're concerned get a 2nd opinion :) like from a different doctor

Hello! Did you have any resolution with this? My 9 month old just started doing the exact same about 1-2 weeks ago and I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to help him. The pediatrician attributes it to teething but I just can’t fathom that is all it is. We are all so exhausted with the constant spit up and clean up. Scouring the Internet for similar stories and came across yours. I know it was from some time ago but hoping you may see this and respond? Thank you so very much!

Thanks everyone for the awesome advices! I laid back on the solids yesterday to see if it was the solids that caused the vomiting.

I gave him a 4.5 oz bottle yesterday night and put him in his play station (set up like a walker but it doesnt walk, just has toys). He was jumping up and down and I dont know how much time was into it when I started smelling vomit (like old milk). I looked at him from a short distance and saw that he was acting fine and smiling, so I thought it was just me. Then I came closer to pick him up and released he DID throw up and it was dripping over his play station, meaning he probably threw up while he was leaning against the thing. Considering I didnt give him any solids yesterday, I dont think I can blame it on that.

The day before yesterday, I gave him a jar of fruit and he finished it. I gave him water to wash it down and he ended up wantign to drink more of the water. As a result, he started coughing and threw EVERYTHING up (and ruined his shirt).

He just started to crawl 2 weeks ago and I did notice it started when he crawled, but the doctor said its not related.

My son used to spit up after every bottle. It wasn’t so bad that they gave him medication, but they did say he had reflux and likely due to a dairy allergy. It was worse on days that I drank diary as well. So I had to switch to soy milk and, since he was on a mix of bm + formula, I switched his formula to similac pro sensitive. I was also told to mix a very small amount of baby cereal into his bottles to thicken it. It was bad though. So many stained sheets, I ended up having to toss out my couch because I couldn’t get the stains out of the fabric. I’m not saying this is the cause just that that’s what was going on with my kid. Once we switched to cow milk, he was fine though. Hope it resolves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->