Please help(no judgement) when did i concieve? super stressed.

SisterRose

mummy to 3 monkeys
Reaction score
Hey! It's been 10 years since my last pregnancy, but long story short I broke up with a long term boyfriend in November, Ive been dating a guy since early to mid December. My last confirmed period was 26th November 2022 but I took plan B on December the 8th. I started bleeding, similar to a period the day after(9th December) which lasted 5-7 days so this would have been approx 5 days after my last period. I haven't had a period since, or what I think may have been a period so I did a pregnancy test and got pregnant 1-2 weeks on a clear blue.

Here's the dilemma and my massive embarassment :( Me and the guy i was dating didnt know if things were working out properly between us, I was with him up until 5th January and spent roughly 3-4 days with my ex partner. I now have no idea who the father is, im utterly mortified with myself. I'm usually really careful and know my exact dates and cycle legnth(32 days) but this whole plan B thing seems to have messed things up.

so if clear blue is reading pregnant 1-2 weeks, could anyone tell me when i most likely concieved this baby? both of them know about the situation and both of them want the baby but i dont know if i can cope with 9 months of guilt. I got my first positive test on the 18th January so this would be 12 days after being with my ex long term partner

Last edited:
If you are getting 1 to 2 on a cb digi then at most you conceived two weeks ago but there is always room for error.

Maybe your ex. I'd get a DNA test done after baby is born then you'll know for sure who the dad is.

It could be either guy quite easily. A dating ultrasound may shed a little more light on when conception took place but I wouldn't use it's accuracy with such close dates as any evidence in either direction.
The prenatal paternity test I believe is quite a lot more expensive than paternity test after the baby is born, but either of those tests are the only definitive way to know who the dad is.

With them both being aware of the pregnancy and that they may not be the father it sounds like you're in a great position and there's certainly no reason to feel guilty about anything.

Figure out between the three of you if it's important enough to figure out who the father is before birth to get the prenatal paternity test done and talk to your Dr if it is.

I agree with everyone. CB is weeks from conception, so you most likely conceived within 1-2 weeks. I can't remember what my betas were with my cbes, I'd have to double check. But the 1-2 is very low sensitivity. I got it when I was only like 9/10dpo if memory serves. I'll see if I can find it.

I wouldn't feel guilty. You did nothing wrong, and you are being transparent with both of them. Your first ultrasound will give you a better idea but only if the dates aren't super close (days) or overlapping. In that case, it's going to come down to a paternity test. There are non invasive paternity testing that you can do now while pregnant, but I'm not sure how much they cost. When I checked years ago, it was in the thousands. Could be much cheaper now. Shop around. Ask if a doc does cash discount. Ask if the dads are willing to split the cost. But yeah waiting until baby is here is def cheaper. ETA just googled and looks like prenatal paternity is like 1.5-2.5k. It's a lot of money but split 2 or even 2 ways. I'd pay it to know only because with a lot of covid policies still strict it's not going to be easy to keep both dads involved in things during the pregnancy.

Wishing you the best! It's nice that they're both wanting to be involved. Be kind to yourself.

It could be either guy. CB are quite inaccurate so I wouldn't rely on that.
The only way to know for sure would be a dna test with it being so close
:hugs:

So sorry your in this situation but don’t feel guilty these things happen.

If your getting a 1-2 then that means conception was 1 to 2 weeks ago.
The CB have always been acurate for me but I know they took them off the shelves in the US for causing painic and being inaccurate.
Best bet like the other ladies have already said is to do a DNA test.
It’s good they are both in the know.
Good luck

I got a pregnant 2-3 yesterday I got my first 1-2 last wednesday, so two days earlier than I first tested. 2 weeks would be 9th Jan and 3 weeks would be 2nd Jan.
Was with my ex from 6th Jan.
What are people thinking now?

I got a pregnant 2-3 yesterday I got my first 1-2 last wednesday, so two days earlier than I first tested. 2 weeks would be 9th Jan and 3 weeks would be 2nd Jan.
Was with my ex from 6th Jan.
What are people thinking now?
Your dates with both partners are so close together there is no way you can be sure without a dna test. Try not to stress, baby will be here before you know it and all this will be behind you.

I think your first post said you were with the other guy on Jan 5th and with your ex on Jan 6th. It’s impossible to tell whose sperm fertilized the egg without the DNA test. Sperm can live a good 5 days and on top of how long sperm can live, there’s a difference in each guys sperm count/ motility/morphology. So that makes it even harder to know which 1 sperm out of millions got to the egg first and quickest.. Your egg typically only “survives” about a day after ovulation if it’s not fertilized so if there was a larger time span between the two guys you would probably have a better chance of narrowing it down. But if I had to guess based off of your positive pregnancy tests, I’d imagine you may have ovulated around January 4th-9th. Again.. that’s just my guess on ovulation date and still leaves either guy a high chance. Hopefully this helped explain why it’s impossible to help without a dna test vs just repeating everyone else. It seems like you were very transparent with them both though, so hopefully it won’t be too stressful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->