Please help- opinions needed!!!

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
I need help- are these positive or negative? The one on top is from earlier this afternoon, the bottom one is from 8pm tonight.

A little backstory: I already got a positive OPK (clear blue smiley face, so it was unmistakable!) at CD11 and we inseminated on CD12/13; however when I went into what I thought was my LP I only got to 7DPO before I had weird brownish spotting that lasted for several days- but no blood! I have not had an actual period since then (today is CD40) so I thought maybe that spotting was some sort of weird quasi-period and that I would be due to ovulation again, so I started taking tests today. Lo and behold I got these two tests, which are either positive or very close to it.

I should also mention that this is my first cycle postpartum, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that really was a 7 day luteal phase and a very light period. From what I've read, it takes awhile for your body to straighten itself out and short LP's are common for the first few cycles.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Would appreciate some opinions both on the tests and on what could be going on with my cycles. I will update this tomorrow with tomorrow's tests.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
that second one looks very close to positive! I would say you are about to ovulate! It could have been that you surged, but didn't ovulate and now your body is gearing up to ovulate or could have been a weird period and now gearing up for ovulation. Especially since this is your first cycle pp I wouldn't put it past anything that it wasn't a period. I say you are about to ovulate!

thanks so much for your opinion! This whole cycle has just been so WEIRD. I just want my body to go back to normal so I can freakin' TTC. LOL :haha: Even if I am about to ovulate, we aren't in a position to do anything about it (would have to contact donor, etc) but at least it's good to know for next cycle. :thumbup:

Lol. never thought you'd be saying you were ready to be TTC!

I would just keep taking tests and temping to see if you ovulate or not!

Lol. never thought you'd be saying you were ready to be TTC!

I would just keep taking tests and temping to see if you ovulate or not!

I know right?! I was so done when I was pregnant with Pax. But we really want him to have a sibling close to his age, so... here we go again.

I can't temp anymore because we are fostermoms and we have two fosterbabies right now- so I'm waking up too much at night for temping to be accurate. But I'll keep using the OPKs for sure.

Oh goodness! So yall have 3 babies right now and working on number 4? Brave women :) although I get what youre saying. If I ever get pregnant and have a baby I will be ntnp cause I never know how long itll take clearly.

Oh goodness! So yall have 3 babies right now and working on number 4? Brave women :) although I get what youre saying. If I ever get pregnant and have a baby I will be ntnp cause I never know how long itll take clearly.

Yep. three babies- but only one of them is ours keep, hence the reason we are TTC still!

And yeah, I wish we had gotten started sooner, but we couldn't because my first PP period didn't come until August. We thought about using her uterus but I am in a better place to be preg than she is, basically. She's about to start a new job and I am a SAHM.

Here is my test from this morning, on the bottom. Pretty sure it's negative. Had a temp dip today too (I was actually able to temp for once!) and FF took away my crosshairs when I input this info. Ah, well...

Attachments

• photo(186).jpg
    photo(186).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
hmm.. I don't know ace! this is a tough one.. I wish I had an answer for you!

It's okay. I do think I'm ovulating. I had twinges right near my ovaries like I do when I O. Guess we'll know in about two weeks though- I should hopefully start spotting or AF. TWW are no fun when there's zero percent chance of pregnancy! LOL. somtimes, beign a lesbian sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->