• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please help.. So sick :(

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
This probably isn't the best spot but there isn't really a natural pregnancy area. This is my first pregnancy and im usually really healthy but I have had hyperemesis gravidum this entire time, and now ive got a horrible cold. Im 28 weeks.

I don't take the flu shot for personal reasons and this isn't the flu, just a cold that wont go away. Can someone give me advice on what I could do for a natural solution to help this cold go away, or some relief? I have a humidifier, and im taking an all natural cough syrup with ivy leaf extract.Im so stuffed up and runny and gross, but I don't have a fever at least.

What did you all do when you were preggo? :cry:

Maybe drink some herbal tea, or take a warm bath? Hope you feel better soon!

You might look into homeopathy. We just had a horrible virus take its time through our family. For me, on the worst night, I woke up coughing and choking. I felt like I had fluid in my lungs. I took Phosphorus and Mercurius Corr and woke up feeling quite a bit better. It still took a while to be over it, but it sucked. I would either check out a book from the library or you can find lots of helpful articles online. If I'm not near my book, I Google like, " cough homeopathy" or "flu homeopathy" etc.

And if you have a health food store locally, you can probably find a lot of the remedies, otherwise you can order on Amazon many times, or I like Washington Homeopathy.

Thanks! Ill check that all out. I woke up pretty much choking but I also live in a very dry cold area in Canada. I have a humidifier now which helps but I still have burning in my nose and throat. Ill google what you said, thank you!

I would also try steaming out your bathroom, and possibly putting lavender in a container in the corner of your shower to steam the lavender oil.

Also, a spoonful of local honey a day might help with the cough! I like mine in hot water with a drop of lemon.

I'm a big fan of homeopathy but I do urge you to use caution when ingesting anything as herbs can have a powerful effect on pregnancy, so be sure to do your research on herbs and their safety with pregnancy.

If you have a health food place nearby I would go and speak to them. There is usually at least one really knowledgeable person that can recommend something. They will have herb books too, which should say if you can take while pregnant.

You are probably run down which is why it's lingering? Rest, fluids, chicken soup, lol. Oh and good old Vicks vapour rub is perfectly safe. Hope you feel better soon.

When I was pregnant and felt a sore throat or cold coming on, I'd drink 3-4 cups of organic green tea with fresh squeezed lemon..... It has strong antibacterial/antiviral properties...... It will cut the severity and longevity in half!! I swear it works every single time!!

Drink that daily until you feel better , usually a good 2-4 days of tea will do you some good:)

I had a cold when i was pregnant, and it was terrible! there's only so many otc meds you are allowed to take, so it sucks bad...i did herbal tea (with no actual tea, because i cant drink tea, so it was like blackberries and vanilla and hibiscus flower or something like that) and i loaded it up with honey, which coats your throat...i also did saline nose spray (just saline, no medication or anything else) which keeps your nostrils from drying out and being irritated..and vaporub was wonderful too! i also second chicken soup, a steamy bathroom, etc....good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->