Please help - spotting at 4w5d? (pregnant after losses)

LuBru

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I'm freaking out in the way only those who have been through multiple losses can probably understand. I've had 3 early losses in the past 6 months and am so scared it may happen again.

This pregnancy my betas were as follows:

10DPO: 18
14DPO: 197
17DPO: 796

I was happy with these numbers and thought everything would be okay.

Today I am 20DPO. Last night I woke up at 1:30am and had mild cramps. I went to the bathroom and noticed light pink spotting when I wiped. Around 8am I checked again and saw a small bit of brown spotting, again when I wiped, and a bit of stringy tissue (?) as well - just a tiny bit. This completely freaked me out as my other losses all started with spotting.

Since then I haven't seen anymore spotting. That said, my boobs are not sore anymore (although I know symptoms come and go) and I am still experiencing mild cramping (although I know some cramping is normal in early pregnancy) and I do know spotting can go either way.

I took a FRER test and the test line was way darker than the control line which comforted me somewhat. However I know that doesn't really mean anything.

I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday afternoon.

I know that only time will tell. I guess I'm posting this because...well...I'm wondering if anyone has any honest thoughts about what might be happening or similar experiences. I would appreciate if you share them, good or bad. I feel like I need to prepare myself for what might be a forth consecutive loss.

Thank you so much in advance if you have any advice or thoughts.

Your betas are a really good sign. It could very easily be implantation bleeding (I had it for a couple of days around my missed period). I also had cramping until about 5 weeks, then odd cramping now and again. The cramping was that bad I was certain AF had arrived and I took ibuprofen as well as paracetamol. All I can do is say your betas look great and spotting doesn't mean a miscarriage, and send you a virtual :hug: because I know how scary it is when all you've experienced before is m/c. Just remember that every pregnancy is different and just because your others ended, doesn't mean this one will. Best of luck for your docs appt... I hope you get good news :hugs:

Thanks a lot Mrs. B and huge congrats on your own BFP!! <3 I hope this one is your rainbow.

Thank you :) I'm still worrying now, but it does get a little easier as the days go on! I really hope this works out for you <3

Hi, I just wanted to give an update on my situation in case anyone is reading this. I am still nervous but for different reasons (there is always something to worry about I guess!!!)

My doctor sent me for more blood work due to the spotting:

10DPO: 18
14DPO: 197
17DPO: 796
21DPO: 3811
24DPO: 8558

I know my numbers seem high based on my DPO but the doubling times have really increased significantly - the most recent beta had a 62 hour doubling time. Spotting has continued on and off.

Does anyone have thoughts on the beta doubling times? I know the doubling times are supposed to increase as they get higher but I still seem way above average according to Betabase. I don't have a scan until April 6 (3 weeks from now) so I guess I'm just looking for honest feedback. Thank you <3

Hi Hun. I know the feeling of not knowing what is going on. I had a miscarriage before this baby. We have been trying for eight years. When my period was due I had some spotting. I figured it was af and put a tampon in and went to work. Later when I took it out there was nothing hardly on it. Got my bfp the next day. Then at 6 weeks I spotted again. Told the doctor. I had an ultrasound at eight weeks and every thing was good. Now I'm 12 weeks and baby is doing good. Try not to worry, (yeah right, I know) and enjoy being pregnant. Lots of prayers your way!

I had exactly the same last pregnancy (5w) and this pregnancy (4w).

Sorry, I have never had betas done. But I have had spotting with all but my first pregnancy. I have spotted throughout most of my first trimester all the time. With my fourth pregnancy, I spotted through the second trimester and some in the third, too. I had a ton of cramping in the first trimester of all of my pregnancies, so sometimes there was cramping and blood and sometimes not. I can just say that sometimes, spotting has nothing to do with the embryo/fetus and everything to do with sensitivity and hormones. I know how scared you just be. Pregnancy is always scary for me, and I would be way more anxious if I had a history of losses. I hope your pregnancy goes perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->