Please help. Ttc while bf, looking for ovulation signs...

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
My little guy is a little over a year old. He still bf a lot. Af came back 4 months ago but my cycles have been long. This is our first month officially ttc so I have no idea when/if I was ovulating before. I used to ovulate on CD 15 before my son.

**TMI alert**

Right now I'm on cd 20 and I have no idea what is going on. In the mornings it seems my cervix is high and firm and creamy/sicky cm. In the evenings it gets softer and I get ewcm. I have been having cramping, bloating, and pulling feelings. Every now and then I get a twinge. This has been going on for a few days now.

The app I've been using is saying my average cycle is 40 days long now and that I probably won't ovulate until next week. My last cycle was 35 days.

I did read online that if af is back then I have to be ovulating. I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Has anyone else had these weird mixed up signals?

YES! lol
but one thing i can say is....Im ovulating today and I got confused before, but i just know i am because my sex drive goes crazy,and cm is really noticable and my boobs look totally different lol.
I know it sounds crazy but i have had weird things this month making me think i am ovulating but now i know, i def know! I also did opks to double check and today dark red lines, deffo O day...
Invest in some OPKS..and listen 2 ur body!
X

also to add, my cycles have been quite long like yours, and very irregular since comming off BC. x

I never had any luck with opk's. They never got really dark for me. I prefer to temp but I never get a long enough stretch of sleep to do that anymore since kiddo wakes so often to nurse.

Usually I can tell from my cm but I don't really know what's been going on since af has returned. I wasn't keeping track.

I've been trying to bd every second day to see if I can catch the egg that way.

Time will tell, I guess. :wacko:

yep we have been bd'ing every other day until i noticed i was due to O, and weve been everyday for a few days...
im not BF as this is our first but i think generally bding every other day is best way. goodluck!!!!!!!!xxx

I'm exactly where you are in this. Still breastfeeding my first and no idea what is going on with my cycle. I've only had 3 periods since he has been born, they've been about 36/37 days apart. My cm has not followed its normal pre-pregnancy pattern. I haven't a clue if I'm actually ovulating or when! We are more NTNP than TTC, but still I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on with my body. My LO is almost 17 months and still bf's a lot, which is clearly messing with my cycle. I don't know how to tell what's happening!

It sucks, doesn't it? Argh! Hopefully we'll all get our bpf's soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->