Please help!!!! **UPDATE!**

tobemum

Reaction score
I really need some advice right now!! I had a missed miscarriage at 9.5 weeks and baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I am now 4.5 weeks past the d&c and got this this afternoon! Could it possibly be leftover hcg from before?? I am trying not to get excited yet!

Attachments

• 20170221_170934.jpg
    20170221_170934.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25
My miscarriage was at just under 6 weeks before my son, and I was pregnant again the next month so I wouldn't rule it out!
I'm not sure being further along how long the hormone takes to leave but that looks pretty dark!
Good luck!! X

I think it's totally possible this is a new pregnancy but I don't know how long it would take to get a negative test after a mc, so I would keep testing to see if they get darker and make an appointment with your doctor :)
You could always use digis as well to see if the weeks go up?

Did they test your hcg level down to zero,or have you gotten a negative hpt before this positive?
I would get the Dr to do repeat beta tests so you can see what's happening.
Sending lots of luck xx

No they didn't test me to zero afterwards so I have no idea what i was at. But if I had the d&c 3 weeks after the baby had stopped growing and it's not been 4.5 weeks after that, surely the line wouldn't be that dark would it??? Going to test again in the morning as this was an afternoon one.

I think this may be new pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you. I would get a digital to confirm and also have beta done

I would expect your levels to be right back down now. x

hopefully congrats are in order sorry for your loss I would defiantly take a trip to the doctors

Oh wow I really do.hope it is but don't want to get my hopes up as I have only just really gotten over the loss. I have a doc appointment tomorrow afternoon so will see.

I really need some advice right now!! I had a missed miscarriage at 9.5 weeks and baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I am now 4.5 weeks past the d&c and got this this afternoon! Could it possibly be leftover hcg from before?? I am trying not to get excited yet!

Hi there,

So I have a fairly horrible history with miscarriages. These are 2 examples from them:

A Natural Miscarriage
So I had a natural miscarriage a few years back, I was 9 weeks pregnant but the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. It took around 7 weeks for me to ovulate again. I was getting very faint positive results (squinters) for weeks and weeks. I fell pregnant again but sadly miscarried.

D&C
I lost a twin pregnancy in August 2013, I too had a D&C last week of August. They told me to do a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the D&C to confirm there was nothing left. I forgot and tested around 5 weeks later. Like you I got a strong result and totally believed they'd left something behind. We had been using contraception. I had a scan at 5 weeks to see if my uterus shape was the reason why I kept miscarrying and there was a 5 week old bubba. So I must've conceived literally as soon as I'd stopped bleeding from the D&C. That little bubba turned into my perfect little girl who's now 2 1/2.

I can only speak from my experience, like you I posted on here too and totally did not think I was pregnant. As soon as I showed the doctor a FRER that looked like yours she said Congratulations!

When it took 7 weeks for my hormones to drop it was following a natural miscarriage, also the FRERs I got positives with were ridiculously faint, my husband couldn't even see the lines, so totally nothing like your test here.

My advice is go to the doctors and either get an early scan or bloods taken. With the faint positives my HCG was around 120. With the pregnancy my HCG was WAY higher.

If you have any questions, please ask. I know what it's like going through this and it still brings tears to my eyes that my little rainbow came after such a horrible storm, I've got everything crossed this is your rainbow too :hugs: xxxxx

That's pretty dark to be this far out. Definitely hoping it's a new strong healthy pregnancy. So sorry for your loss, btw :hugs:

Hi there,

So I have a fairly horrible history with miscarriages. These are 2 examples from them:

A Natural Miscarriage
So I had a natural miscarriage a few years back, I was 9 weeks pregnant but the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. It took around 7 weeks for me to ovulate again. I was getting very faint positive results (squinters) for weeks and weeks. I fell pregnant again but sadly miscarried.

D&C
I lost a twin pregnancy in August 2013, I too had a D&C last week of August. They told me to do a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the D&C to confirm there was nothing left. I forgot and tested around 5 weeks later. Like you I got a strong result and totally believed they'd left something behind. We had been using contraception. I had a scan at 5 weeks to see if my uterus shape was the reason why I kept miscarrying and there was a 5 week old bubba. So I must've conceived literally as soon as I'd stopped bleeding from the D&C. That little bubba turned into my perfect little girl who's now 2 1/2.

I can only speak from my experience, like you I posted on here too and totally did not think I was pregnant. As soon as I showed the doctor a FRER that looked like yours she said Congratulations!

When it took 7 weeks for my hormones to drop it was following a natural miscarriage, also the FRERs I got positives with were ridiculously faint, my husband couldn't even see the lines, so totally nothing like your test here.

My advice is go to the doctors and either get an early scan or bloods taken. With the faint positives my HCG was around 120. With the pregnancy my HCG was WAY higher.

If you have any questions, please ask. I know what it's like going through this and it still brings tears to my eyes that my little rainbow came after such a horrible storm, I've got everything crossed this is your rainbow too :hugs: xxxxx

Ohh that sounds very promising for me hopefully!! I think the d&c helps move things along a lot quicker than natural. We weren't trying at all just had a couple oopsies but didn't think at all it would happen straight away! I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so will see what he says!

So I did another one this morning... it's darker isn't it?? Bottom one is this morning and top is yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• 20170222_065809.jpg
    20170222_065809.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 29
Definitely darker! Today's looks darker than the control now. Good sign of a new pregnancy :) Have you already gone to your appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->