Please Help!! Very Urgent! Painful cramps

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Short Version: I have not missed a period, but I had such intense cramping pain that I was unable to stand, and thought I was going to either pass out or vomit.
A hot shower and 3 advil have brought it down to a much much more reasonable level. But I am afraid of it flairing up again.

Long Version: This was my first month temping and using OPKs, so I'm not positive it was in irregular month, but I think it was. I usually have 26 day cycles with little/no mid-cycle spotting. This month I didn't O until day 19, my LP was only 9 days, and my cycle was slightly longer than usual. I had very noticable spotting for two days around CD 14 (when I thought I would O), 2 days around day 19 (when I did O), and 2 days around CD 26 (when I expected AF). The spotting at the end was the lightest, and I actually had an entire day without spotting before AF showed up. And usually I have a very definite light-medium-heavy ramp up day-to-day. This time, after a day of no spotting at all, she hit like a ton of bricks, with heavy bleeding in the middle of the night (last night). It's not an alarming amount of blood - but definitely my typical "heavy" day quantity. Then tonight the horrific cramps set in, along with terrible hemorrhoids, and such excessive bloating that I couldn't close my (loose fitting) shorts.
Also on those last few days of spotting I had pinching cramps on one side of my lower abdomen, "fluttery" sensations in my vagina, a queasy feeling in my stomach (like a roller coaster), and some woozyness. All in all a very weird cycle, followed by a very weird pre-AF, and now a weird AF.
The cramping pain was debilitating, but I don't want to rush to the doctor for bad menstrual cramps. Has anyone had anything like this before? TIA for any/all help.

I did with my cycles as my endo and fibroids increased in severity. My cycles also became more irregular and yes my cramps made me literally pass out sometimes. On a side note have you taken a pregnancy test to rule out an ectopic pregnancy? I'm sure that isn't it because it is so rare but all the spotting and one sided pain you may want to make absolutely sure. Sorry you are going through this and I would definitely start with a doctor appt to make sure it's nothing serious and then go from there.:thumbup:

I did take an hpt tonight and it was negative, and I had a pretty normal AF at the beginning of this cycle. Would it be possible to have this many issues so early (4 weeks 1 day max) in an ectopic pg?

I wonder if you have an ovarian cyst. Just throwing that out there. A few years ago I woke up with severe abdomen pain on my lower right side. I tried to sleep it off not wanting to go to the dr for gas pains or something. The next morning I couldn't even stand up straight and my mom made me go to the doctor. He was worried about either an ectopic or appendicitis. Preg test in the office was negative so he was thinking appendicitis and sent me over to the ER right away. A CT showed that my appendix was fine, but I had free fluid in my pelvis. An ultrasound was then done and my right ovary was hard to see, but they were fairly sure that I'd had an ovarian cyst rupture. Lots of women have them and they told me it would have no impact on my fertility, just that it would probably happen again. Hope you feel better!

If the intense pains don't come back, is it still worth checking in with a doctor? Like mky - I don't want to go for what might have been just bad cramps/gas pains.... But I also don't want to risk problems either ttc or with a future pregnancy

Not a dr or anything so do whatever you feel like you need to, but if you feel better now then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it keeps happening though I would definitely mention it to my doctor

It would not be an ectopic pregnancy causing that, not at this point anyway. Personally I've had weird cycles where I've had pains, bleeding and other issue but then the next month everything was fine. If you have a concern I'd at least mention it

My only symptoms today have been some bloating and cramps (all pretty much within the realm of reasonable AF stuff) and a migraine. So I think I'm going to just chalk it up as a miserable AF and keep moving on.
I'll definitely check in with a doc if I get anywhere near that level of pain again though or if I have any other weird cycle issues moving forward.

Thanks all for the help.

closest I have come to what you're kinda talking about is last november I got the depo shot (yeah I was stupid but I thought it would help hormones etc) and in the beginning of december I started bleeding and shortly after that I started having MASSIVE cramps that would leave me breathless and unable to do anything. (this coming from someone with a huge pain tolerance because I have an injured back). I started to bleed so much I was going through those overnight heavy pads in 30 minutes. Long story short I was like that for 3 weeks and nearly died.
Planned parenthood tried to kill me.
If you can afford to go to a doctor I would definitely advise you to but if the pain has gone away maybe it was a fluke?

Moments like these prove it is HARD to be a woman lol...so many things could be causing your pain unfortunately. It is hopefully a one-off but I would definitly see a doctor if it happens again. I have had cyst, fibroids, and endo and I wish I had had them diagnosed sooner as there were a few things I could have done to ease my pain earlier on :wacko: Good luck and hope this cycle treats you better:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->