please help!

hopeful2012

Reaction score
I was taking an antidepressant (Celexa) when I found out I was pregnant. Of course I stopped taking it, but now I'm back to where I was when I started taking it. Moody, crying constantly, little things ticking me off, not wanting to have anything to do with my little girl, and today not wanting to be pregnant! It's been a bad day! DH and I had a fight this morning, then I took a nap and was feeling better until he gets home a tells me that a clump of red clay got throw up by a dump truck and hit the front of my week old car. No we it's got $1000 worth of damage. He had a wreck in his truck yesterday with minor damage, but there are two other cars in the driveway not including my new one. We had this conversation last week that we didn't need to both be driving it, because that's how the other one got 100,000 miles on it in 4 years. Every time he drive "my" car something ends up happening -in the old car he took it through the woods and it has scratches galore now, then he hit a dog and the front end rattles, cracked the windshield, hit a deer, etc...and now he's mad because I'm posses about the new car...

Hi. Didnt want to read and run. Being off antidepressants when your depressed can cause more harm than being on them! Many anti depressants are safe in pregnancy. Speak to your gp about going back on them. Your health now is very important and i mean mental health as well as physical. Depression can impact greatly on quality of life and thats not good xxx

Call an ob office and ask them if Celexa is safe in pregnancy. If not then perhaps they can prescribe you something else that is.

I was on it when I was pregnant. It's actually one of the most low risk antidepressants out there. Also, you NEVER stop antidepressants cold turkey. You need to slowly wean yourself off of them or else you will have bad side effects as it seems you did. The depression symptoms come back very strong if you do. I would call your doctor as soon as you can. I got off of mine too soon once as I ran our of my prescription and was miserable. So much worse than before I started the meds. I just recently weaned myself off and have been doing great! You need to wean slowly or things won't be good.

I have a different view on this, BUT I would def encourage u to always talk to ur dr. Many Drs will tell u anti depressants are safe, but the truth is, there is very little research on how they affect a developing pg. I mean, seriously, they can't do clinical trials on a pg woman, no one in their right mind would volunteer!! They are actually discovering they they can be very harmful, so I would research it. At the very least,, I would try to stay off of them in the 1st trimester when most of the neural development takes place. There are other coping methods that can be helpful, and I would encourage talking to someone as well.

Def discuss everything with ur dr, they need to be informed. Whatever is best for u is what you need to do, but I feel that everyone has a right to information. GL!!

My gp told me that if I got pregnant that I would need to quit taking them. So I did I go to the on the 28th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->