Please help...

Jme75062

Reaction score
I had my blood test done today at 7am. I am 13 days post IUI (July 30) and 12 days post ovulation (July 31). My HCG level was 4.4 per the nurse. She said 5 is pregnant, but 2.5 is not pregnant. I am in a gray area. Is it possible for the level to go up? I did NOT have a trigger shot. The nurse did mentioned chemical pregnancy, which I know very little about. I go back tomorrow for more blood work. I am so nervous because i really don't know what most of this means. Anyone have or know someone who had a similar experience?
Thank you

I’ll be honest, because honesty is what I would want if I were in your position. My clinic likes to see an HCG of 50 14 days after IUI (or 9dp5dt for IVF). Then, they want to see that number doubling every 2 days. However, I have seen slightly lower HCG levels, or slower doubling times, on here as viable pregnancies.

After my first IVF cycle, my first beta was around 14 at 9dp5dt and then a 5 two days later. It was a chemical pregnancy. That is essentially a really early miscarriage, but so early that most women wouldn’t even know they were pregnant if they weren’t going through fertility treatments. On my successful IVF cycle, my beta was well over 200 at 9dp5dt.

I really hope you are not having a chemical pregnancy. Let us know how your blood test goes tomorrow.

Thank you for the information. I am also scared it could be an ectopic. I already had a tubal in my left tube and it is now blocked by scar tissue. If a miscarry is what is going to happen I understand HCG number wise; this was our first go. It has taught us a lot going through the process. I just hope to get answers quickly so we know how to move forward. Again thank you for the insight.

Implantation can happen as late as 12dpo I am hoping your LO has just implanted so HCG has not had a chance to double yet and doubling time can be from 24-72 hours . hoping its not a chemical or a tubal pregnancy and your numbers go up.

Update**** today's levels 15.8. Verified as pregnant. First ultra sound August 21. Thank you for everyone's help. Truly shocked!

Great news! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->