please i need help with my dog!!!

irmastar

proud mom & a bit preggo
Reaction score
i have a malteze she is a very good dog and she just turned a year on august, my only problem with her is that she likes well not likes but loves to chew on things ,like my new set of living room tables, like seriously??? i have tried almost everything my oh even took her to trainning classe o how to be a good dog but nothing seems to work on her..do you have any tips that would help me make her stop chewing things?? thanks

Does she chew when your not home? My dog used to do this and it was because of seperation anxiety.

If it's when your gone, try getting her new toys or something. (We got another dog for a playmate LOL).

If it's when your home, try catching her in the act and disciplining her right away. You could try squirting her with a squirt bottle if she is afraid of water.

thanks for respondig, i'll try the squirting bottle. she would do it even if i'm home she just did it and i was sitting next to her ughhh she has toys and gets interested in them for a couple of days and then goes back to chewing the furniture

thanks for respondig, i'll try the squirting bottle. she would do it even if i'm home she just did it and i was sitting next to her ughhh she has toys and gets interested in them for a couple of days and then goes back to chewing the furniture

Sounds like she is bored! What kind of dog is she? Do you walk her every day?

Rub salt on the table legs. She'll soon stop if she doesn't like the taste (or lemon juice but that might wreck the wood?) You could maybe try blowing a whistle when you see her doing it? Does she have all her teeth? She may be teething, so if so, get some good teething type toys and treats for her.

Rub salt on the table legs. She'll soon stop if she doesn't like the taste (or lemon juice but that might wreck the wood?) You could maybe try blowing a whistle when you see her doing it? Does she have all her teeth? She may be teething, so if so, get some good teething type toys and treats for her.

LOL, I actually thought that was a bug on my screen!

thanks for ur responses ladies, i'll try the water bottle and the salt. jen i walk her every day for one hour.

LOL, I actually thought that was a bug on my screen!

i saw a post from her the other day and i don't know if i was sleeping but i even tried to kill it lol:dohh:

sorry meant to say sleepy and not sleeping

thanks for ur responses ladies, i'll try the water bottle and the salt. jen i walk her every day for one hour.

Hmm that's weird then. So I would discipline her in the act and try and make her get out of the habit.

if she is a pup she could be teething, you can get teething gels in most good pet shops..
Also nylabones are very good, most are non edible but they are flavoured, so the dog chews & chews, the most that can break off are like little shavIngs of the bone, this is safe if doggy swallows it.
The other thing with toys are using the rotating system!
So hide toys away & sort of swap them over everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->