Please....I need opinions

Anja

Reaction score
I really want to know other parents view on bathing with parents. I have a daughter who is 6 and she has a bath occassionally with her dad. I have no problem with this at all but since she has been getting older I do have certain problems with it. When they bath, my husband lays down with his legs apart and she sits up in between them and then cleans his body all over (excluding his penis and bum). I really dont like this as there is no bubble bath in the water and, for me, the close proximity of his penis to her when he lays down just makes me uncomfortable. I have asked my husband on numerous occasions to stay sat up when they bath together and then I have no issues at all. We have just had a huge row about this and he has basically said that i am accusing him of abusing her! If this was the case he wouldnt be living in the house, the police would have been called and actually i would probably have killed him by now.....and I certainly wouldnt say that bathing together was fine!!!!

Anyway what i need to know is if I am being unreasonable about this. He says there isnt a man or woman in the world who would agree with me and I am being totally out of order.....please please can you give me your views.

Personally I don't agree with it. Stan has never bathed with Hannah.

My wee girl has only ever had a few baths with my hubby, and they were when she was a toddler. Now she is 4 there is no way I would let her see him naked.

Very hard question to answer. Some cultures have no problem bathing together even past that age, where as other cultures are made to see a father bathing with his daughter no matter how old is wrong. I have 2 daughters and personally I didnt agree with them bathing with their father. I didnt see the need for it as I can bathe my children or their father can bathe them without having to be in the tub with them. As innocent as it can be, children do learn to talk and something said at school or to someone other than yourself can open a can of worms that will be very hard to deal with. So, while EVERY man or woman may not agree with you, it will matter if the man or woman that does agree happens to be a police officer or a judge.

Hiya in my opinion i think that 6 is too old to be bathing with parents i am pretty open about nakedness as i have 3 girls however their dad gets really embarrassed if they see his man bits my sisters little girl used to have a bath with her dad but that was until she noticed daddy had a tail that was when she was about 3.

my girls have had a bath with their dad but only if we are going out and we are in a rush and he is very aware of himself and will sit up never would he lay down with everything on display he gets quite embarrased actually. ellie is 4 now and hasnt had a bath with him in a long time but i think 6 is getting a bit to old to have baths with her dad.
does your little girl feel embarrassed by it?
i would just avoid the situation if you feel weird about it, and bath her by herself.

My oldest daugher is 6, coming up 7. She has never bathed with her dad. He doesnt and never has felt comfortable with it. She does on rare occasions still ccome in with me. Once in a blue moon. But shes at that age now where she asks about "boy bits" and the boys in school are telling her about them too :(

TBH I personaly wouldnt really want my OH bathing with my daughters... I just wouldnt feel comfy about it. If my oldest did and then went to school talking about it, in this day and age i rekon social services would b at my door. Tis just the way society is today I guess.

in my opinion i dont think its right and children will say things at school sometimes witch will get passed on to a teacher and teachers can be very quick on the phone to SS. At 6 they dont always think about what they say so it could sound very very bad and wrong if she did ever say it at school.

P.s i asked someone who was already a parent and thats what they told me

Hi i have 3 girls and they never have had a bath with their dad.My little boy has jumped in the bath with my oh a few times but i see that as different cos they both got the same if you know what i mean so not so many questions etc. My girls and me are very open with each other and they come sit in the bathroom and chat with me while im in there and stuff but at the end of the day its how you feel personally but i personally wouldnt want my girls seeing my oh naked.

i think 6 is too old to be honest and also, why would your daughter wash her dad? :shock:

I used to have baths with my little brother (there is 13 years difference between us) but as soon as he became aware of body bits it stopped....

My 6 year old used to share the bath with her dad but only till she was about 2 (because when she was 1 my son was born and by the time she was 2 and my lad was 1 they wouldn't all fit in the same bath!)

Anyway he wouldn't bath with her now ..... but he will shower in front of anyone!
We have a pretty open house .... theres me. OH and 3 kids and the mornings are chaos .... were all in and out of the shower and all needing to use the loo ... brush our teeth ect at the same time!

So he doesn't hide from her but she is getting to a age where she will sometimes wait for him to finish his shower before bursting in (not all the time tho)

I dont think dads should have to feel they have to hide from there kids ...its quite a sad day in age tho and if your 6 year old girl started telling her teachers about it (like they do when their telling all their gossip lol) then the teachers may read more into it than there actually is :( and for that reason i would stop it hun but only for that reason xxxxx

I think 6 is a bit old to be bathing with parents. But i used to bath with my dad and brother when i was little but only till i was about 3-4.

In this day and age u have to be so careful coz as mentioned before, kids say things that come out wrong and a whole world of trouble can come of it. I used to go in the bath with my son but only till he was about 2, then i stopped it. xx

im supprised how everyone has a problem with it! i dont see anything wrong with it at all! altho i do agree that at 6 there probably isnt any reson for a child to bathe with parents but if charlie wanted to jump in with me at 6 id let him straight in and if he wanted to get in with daddy id let him get in too!! it would be no diffrent if i had a girl she could bathe with us all she wanted! i find it soo strange how ppl find it perverted or somthing! whats wrong with beeing naked around ur kids? its the most normal thing in the world im 21 and i still sit and talk to my mum when shes in the bath and i dont even live with her!!! i wouldnt have a problem getting changed in front of my dad eather! i dunno maybe im strange!

im supprised how everyone has a problem with it! i dont see anything wrong with it at all! altho i do agree that at 6 there probably isnt any reson for a child to bathe with parents but if charlie wanted to jump in with me at 6 id let him straight in and if he wanted to get in with daddy id let him get in too!! it would be no diffrent if i had a girl she could bathe with us all she wanted! i find it soo strange how ppl find it perverted or somthing! whats wrong with beeing naked around ur kids? its the most normal thing in the world im 21 and i still sit and talk to my mum when shes in the bath and i dont even live with her!!! i wouldnt have a problem getting changed in front of my dad eather! i dunno maybe im strange!

Hun you not strange ... like i said in our house we dont have a prob with it at all and were all very open ..

..the only reason i wouldn't is because id worry teachers etc might take it the wrong way which sadly they probably would.

Like i said were always in and out of the bathroom in the morning even if there is someone in the shower etc :) i dont think theres anything wrong with it at all, id hate my kids to grow up shy of there bodys etc

I think because of todays world its not normal to bathe with kids. Ian has never bathed with caitlyn, he just doesn't feel comfy. But i go in the bath with her all the time

i completely agree! at the end of the day there not getting in the bath with complete strangers its with they parents, we have a very busy household too and the girls follow us everywhere so its impossible to have a shower or bath in peace lol it is a shame that people always look at things differently in this day and age.

Coming from a culture (Finland) where the whole family goes to the sauna together twice a week, and so being very used to seeing my parents naked (we stopped all going together when I was maybe 8 or 9...or 10...? Can't really remember, but before I hit puberty.), I would see no harm in them bathing together, as long as both of them feel comfortable. If one of them is feeling funny about it, then it's time to stop. This will probably happen naturally when her body starts to change more. Until then, I would not make a big thing out of it, as this will just make them feel like there is something wrong and perverse about it, when for them it seems to just be a time to get clean and be together. You know your husband and if you trust him, I would just let it be. But as someone else pointed out, this is a topic that different people and different cultures see in very different ways, so go with whatever feels right to you!

I'm not sure how I feel about it as I have a son (4 months) and my OH and he bathe together regularly, they both love it!
I just wanted to mention that as a teacher I wouldn't be reporting it to Social Services if a child told me that in class (I teach Reception) There would have to be a few other things before I considered mentioning it so the Child Protection people at school. We are told of cues to look for in children and bathing with a parent isnt one of them.

My OH would be the one with the problem not me. 6 is a bit old to be bathing with Dad if your a girl. I grew up in a house where my Mom would run around in her panties and nothing else while she was getting ready for work in the morning. She would iron her clothes then get dressed. Never thought twice about it. BUT she had all girls in the house.
My 2 kids(9 yr old girl & 6 yr old boy) bathed together up until my daughter was 6 and she started wanting to stretch out in the bath and there wasn't enough room with them both in there. Now she wont even get undressed if my son is in the room. Sometimes if we are in a huge hurry we jump in the shower together but only if we don't have time to do it separately. She doesn't mind.
OH would rather die then let her see his private area, he is already freaking out she is getting boobs. Told me the other day I need to do something about that:rofl: I said like what hunny, he said tape them up.:rofl:

it seems you have a problem with it, and if your not comfortable with the situation then i think you have to act on it. In my opinion its a little old, its eventually going to have to stop..you have to ask your husband does he intend on bathing with his daughter up untill shes 7 or 8? i dont think so...

Maybe try and compromise..if he completely detests the idea of not being able to bath with his daughter, maybe opt for him wearning briefs? it would probably make you feel more at ease with the situation...

best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->