Please not bad news...update

Willow01

Reaction score
Had pretty bad cramping yesterday but just thought things were growing (10 weeks gone) Woke up this morning to see lots of bright red blood and more cramping. Called NHS 24 they told me to go to a&e, they sent me home to wait for a call from early maternity. They have just called to say they want me to wait until Thursday before they give me a scan? Why do they want me to wait, are they waiting to see if I miscarry? The midwife was really unhelpful and made me feel I was wasting her time. Feel so upset and getting no support from the hospitalx

Hi hun, I hope its not bad news for you. I just wanted to say, whatever is happening, its not your fault and as harsh as it sounds, theres nothing anyone can do about it. Maybe they only have a clinic on Thursdays where they scan? Or maybe they are seeing if your circumstances change.

My friend had bleeding at 6 and 9 weeks and now she has a gorgeous healthy 3 year old boy.

Good luck. I hope its just a bump in the road for you and nothing serious x

Really hope all is ok Hun and sorry they are making you wait xx

Sending you massive hugs. I know it's horrible having to wait but it is the way it works in most epu clinics. A few days is wait is classed to them as an emergency appointment as they are probably fully booked and it's the soonest appointment they have available rather than them waiting to see if you miscarry. I've never been seen by them without a few days wait. I know how frustrating and upsetting it is. But just try to stay calm. A lot of women including myself have had bleeding and go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. Have they recommended bed rest untill the scan?

Hi Hun,

If I were you I would phone Epu in tears and tell them you absolutely can't wait to find out if your baby is ok. I think they say wait as you may not get a conclusive answer just now, but IMO its better than doing nothing and knowing nothing. I really hope it's not bad news xxx

Could you book a private scan?

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you. I went through a similar thing in January where I was force to wait 2 days for a scan after bleeding. The wait can be agonising. Try to get as much rest as possible and fingers crossed this is just a scare x

I've got everything crossed for you hun! When I went for a scan at the EPAU, I had to wait 5 days for my scan, and that was to check if it was ectopic! It really is just a case of when appointments are available. Try to relax, take it easy. I've had cramping & bleeding on & off. If you start soaking through pads, then go back to A&E. That's the advice I've had from my midwife. Despite the bleeding & cramping, I have two healthy heartbeats :) I am so hoping you find yours is beating strongly too <3 xx

I hope it all works out ok *hugs* Its a horrible thing to happen but the sad truth is that they cant do anything to help as much as we may want them to fix it. I hope you are ok xx

I'm sure you just want to know what's happening.

Thinking of you, i know how hard it can be to wait. Hope you are able to get answers soon.

Thinking of you and hope your scan reveals positive news tomorrow x

Just wondered if you had your scan yet and how everything went. I've been thinking about you x

Its not nice to wait but unfortunately they ask you to wait to see if you miscarry because the bleeding could tapper of and all be well in a few days if they scan you asap and u continue to bleed all could be lost in a few days and seeing a scan of a live baby then to lose it is more distressing :-( big hugs

Thank you to everyone for there words of support and advice. The scan showed a beautiful heart beat and baby is still in there :) But it turns out I have a separation of the sac and my uterus, they said it is good to know the cause of the bleed and now we can keep an eye on it. I have to rest for the next few days. Bleeding has turned to brown blood and cramps are calming down. Still a very worrying time but just glad to know everything is ok for now. I will get another scan in 2 weeks. Thank you again to you all, it's nice to know people care what is happeningxx

My thoughts are with and your sweet baby! Stay put little baby! And lots of rest mama!
Thank you to everyone for there words of support and advice. The scan showed a beautiful heart beat and baby is still in there :) But it turns out I have a separation of the sac and my uterus, they said it is good to know the cause of the bleed and now we can keep an eye on it. I have to rest for the next few days. Bleeding has turned to brown blood and cramps are calming down. Still a very worrying time but just glad to know everything is ok for now. I will get another scan in 2 weeks. Thank you again to you all, it's nice to know people care what is happeningxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->