Please not me again... reassurance needed UPDATED

wantingno.2

2 princes + a princess
Reaction score
I went to the toilet about half an hour ago and there was some dark brown blood ...... still there when i wiped. I rang EPAU straight away they said it sound like old blood and to keep an eye on it, if i get any pain or it turns red to ring striaght back.

I have put a pad on just so i can monitor it and i looked a few minutes ago and there was nothing.

I know that bleeding can be common in pregnancy and i'm aware that brown blood is old (it was very dark) i'm just petrified now that next time i go to the toilet it will be bright red......... i'm soooooo worried.

Thinking back i had some sharp pains in my right side last night (not period like, more like when you sneeze and pull a muscle), do you think this could be connected? Just wanted some reassurance from you guys really. xxx

*** update*****

Still bleeding today a little more than yesterday but still brown.... i have rung EPAU again and they have booked me in at 2pm tomorrow...... i'm peterfied now, still 22hours to wait. :-(

Hey hun,

Sorry you are feeling stressed. The pains sound like round ligament pains, which are totally normal as baby grows. Sorry for the TMI, but have you had sex over the last few days? or a bowel movement? You might have just irritated the cervix a little.

:hugs:

Didnt want to read and run. Im really not sure, i havent had anything like this.
If u really are concerned then maybe go to a&e to get checked out
xx

Hun, how worrying for you. You have called the right people and you are doing the right thing. Fingers crossed all will be fine for you. I had some bleeding at the beginning and it was bright red! But all is fine! Sure it will be for you too!
xxx

Havent has sex for about 5 days but had bowel movement last night, i really hope that is it....... i'm dreading the next trip to the loo!

Thanks for replying x

Wantingno2, try not to worry. There are a few of us on here that are going through the same thing. I had some spotting alot like yours 3 days ago. I ended up going into the dr. just for a "wellness check". Basically went in just so I could hear the heartbeat, which we did and it made me feel better. Your baby is doing great in there. Focus on the things you know for sure, like how strong your baby is!

ive had bleeding, of bright red blood, a few times and all is well still. i have cervical erosion and sometimes i will have a poo and get some pink stuff or brown stuff.
hugs xxx

ok here is some good advice from my MW. I had some bleeding last week when I wiped. I spoke with her about it and she said the following:

When you are pregnant your blood flow is much greater - especially around your bits. Its normal to experience bleeding in some way when pregnant. So long as the blood is only on the wipe thats ok- but if you need a pad and its in your pants- leaking in otherwords its time to worry a bit more. She said if its only there when you wipe it could be a multitude of things, like a small cut or catch in your bits or even from piles.

Im not a MW but I sure can say this made me feel much better.

If it seems to have gone, try not to worry, but if its in your pants or fills a pad then you might want to see someone.

Im so fed up with spotting- ive had it three times now and its really upsetting and worrying. But that advice really helped me.

i spotted pink blood at 14 weeks and 4 days, i had brown discharge in my knickers at 19 weeks, and then last saturday at 25 weeks i had a rather big bleed with red blood that filled my knickers when i was out shopping. Each time i have been given the all clear, and told its either hormones that cause changes in cervix or its an erosion xx

if you are worried hun, go get checked out. Never brush things asside... if its causing you to worry its worth getting checked. You can never be too careful xx

Thanks for replying girls..... i have a pad on a couple of hours now and there has been nothing only There is still a little bit when i wipe but not much at all.

I am still alit worried and if it happens again i will go to the dr and ask for a check.

Hoping it was just a one off xxx

have u had a 12wk scan ? hope everythings ok for u x

When I had this I rung my MW and she booked a scan for me a couple days after, which was very reassuring. Have you called your MW?

booked in to EPAU tomorrow at 2pm.... still bleeding today, still brown... a little more than yesterday though. Am very scared.

I hope everything goes ok at your scan tomorrow. I've been having brown discharge but baby is well, hope the same goes for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->