Please please please help. Do you have this happen?

03babysquish

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am at a complete loss of what to do. I am nineteen weeks, and I am getting pain on top of my belly about an inch above where my belly button is and to the left. It happens only when I'm standing or moving around a lot. It will get to where if I don't sit down, it will be intolerable. It doesn't really ever happen on the right side, and sometimes will go a bit lower. My doctor sent me to the emergency room on Friday when it woke me up after sleeping two hours. The baby was great and heart rate was great. Now it is Monday, and I can only stand for a few minutes without it becoming intolerable. I called her again, and she said if it becomes too bad to go to emergency, and that she will see me on Wednesday.

I don't want to go if this is normal stretching pain. I never had it up here with my son, and it seems weird to have stretching pains so high. Has anyone ever have this before!? Do you think it could be stretching? Or should I go back to the emergency room? :( :( I have no idea what to do.

Baby seems fine. I have a Doppler and his heart rate has been good, and he's been moving. I just don't understand what this is.

If you are having intolerable pain head straight to the ER.

It's great to hear that your baby was monitored at home via the doppler and at the hospital and seems to be doing fine despite some of the pain and discomfort you're having. This is my 3rd pregnancy and every little thing scared me the first time. The second time I wasn't as intense and now, the third time around, I'm actually pretty "zen" considering all of the negativity that seems to be surrounding me at times. I hope that you'll do everything you can to have calm peaceful days ahead! And of course going to the hospital when the pain gets really bad is nothing to feel bad about or even question doing! Take care of yourself and baby!

Do you have any sciatica pain in your leg (maybe right leg) or any back pain? I wonder if it's a nerve pain as it happens after your standing a lot. Since getting sciatica in myright leg, I sometimes also get a sharp pain on left side where you are describing.

I don't have sciatica or back pain. This is my second baby, and I have actually felt really calm. I have had bleeding and bad blood work and yada yada and have felt pretty good through all that. Now everything has settled down, and I even feel good through this, I am just trying to figure out if anyone else has had round ligament pain or muscle pain so high? Right now my placenta is still below my belly button, so I just can't imagine if I should shrug off the pain or not. I haven't gone back to the emergency room. For now I am just waiting it out. My baby is still really healthy, and amazing so I am just focusing on that! Thank you for your replies ladies!!

Did they do bloodwork and a 24 hour urine catch, and is your blood pressure okay? The area your describing sounds like the area the doctors are always concerned about, asking if we have pain there. It can be a symptom of severe preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome. Please go get checked if there is any indication that you are at risk of pre-e, or if you have high risk factors for developing it

My blood pressure actually sits on the lower side. The didn't take blood though! I wish they would have.

Yes I agree with pp. you should get blood work and urine test to check for preeclampsia! I would request this if they do not suggest it themselves.

Also - don't just do this if you are "at risk." My friend was not at risk of pre eclampsia at all, had abdominal pain but thought nothing of it, and ended up in the hospital at 33 weeks where they discovered she had preeclampsia and the baby was nearly dead. Had to do an emergency c-section and thankfully her baby survived but has been in the NICU for weeks. Never assume being "low risk" means you don't need to be checked out! It can happen to anyone.

I would get it checked out. Maybe it is a nerve as someone suggested. I have had some serious pain from gas and indigestion as well, which don't always feel how you might expect them too.

Much better to have it checked out than to worry.

I had similar pain in my last pregnancy, except on the other side.. they ended up admitting me and removing my appendix. Turns out my appendix was fine, and the pain didnt stop. I honestly still dont know what caused it, but i have a healthy 9 month old now, no pre-e or anything. Just thought I'd share my experience to maybe offer some comfort that pregnancy just causes odd sensations sometimes, though i do recommend getting some more tests done to rule anything serious out

Pre eclampsia happens when someone has very high resting blood pressure. It can happen at anytime, but I take my blood pressure a few times a day, and like I said, it is always low like 98/58 is my normal if laying, and around 120/80 when moving around. I wouldn't need to be tested for it unless i was having reoccurring high blood pressure readings. Just wanted to clear up that I'm not saying that I'm low risk. I just don't have high blood pressure is all. If one day I check it, and it's high, I will watch up for it. Thank you for the concern!

Yes I agree with pp. you
should get blood work and urine test to check for preeclampsia! I would request this if they do not suggest it themselves.

Also - don't just do this if you are "at risk." My friend was not at risk of pre eclampsia at all, had abdominal pain but thought nothing of it, and ended up in the hospital at 33 weeks where they discovered she had preeclampsia and the baby was nearly dead. Had to do an emergency c-section and thankfully her baby survived but has been in the NICU for weeks. Never assume being "low risk" means you don't need to be checked out! It can happen to anyone.

So it looks like I have diastasis recti. It doesn't usually happen in the second trimester, but it can happen. It's where your abdominal muscles are kind of pulling apart further than they should. There's no danger to baby, just a lot of pain for the mom. So i am doing things to ease it, but unfortunately it will be around till the end of pregnancy :)

YAy! Glad it was nothing serious. Sorry you have to deal with the pain though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->