Please rate my name

Squiggy

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Keaton

(for a boy)

I'm 5 months pregnant and I'm near tears because every name I choose for my baby ends up getting me nothing but grief from my friends and family. I'm to the point where I feel very alone in this and feel like I should find a name and keep it a secret from everybody until the baby is born and named and nothing can be changed or reconsidered.

For middle names I'm considering:
Scott
Bryce
Patrick
Dean

personally not my taste because it makes me think of Ronan Keaton

but its your choice dont let people change your mind

Deans a nice name but with Keaton it sounds like a place name

Patrick, Scott and Bryce are all strong names :)

Ohh, I really like that! I like all of your middle names as well, the only one that doesn't flow to me is Keaton Scott.

Great pick! Ignore what other people say - this is YOUR little boy and as long as you love the name, that's all that matters. I got a bit of grief for choosing the name Asher but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I like Keaton :) I too wouldn't worry about what people say, it's your baby after all and you want to feel right when he gets here, and not regret missing out on a name you love.

Keaton is nice.

Maybe you should keep it to yourself. Everyone is going to have an opinion..and if you don't want to hear it..then don't tell them.

Not in love with it, but seriously stop telling people they always have an opinion!!! Not us on bnb, but family and stuff!!!! Ugh, everyone always hates things!!

Colton or Keegan are similar choices :)

Seriously though pick the name YOU love and screw the haters!!

I agree with the others, go with what you like. Sod everyone else.

We were team yellow, but we didnt tell anyone any of our name choices because we would have opinions that we didnt care for. Whatever name you choose someone wont like it, not matter what you go for. I'd not tell anyone your names and then just announce the name once your son is here, that's what we did with LO.

People are far less rude when you're introducing your baby to them; they're unlikely to turn around and say "oh my gosh what a bloody awful name!" When there is a little baby in front of them. Without that emotional connection, people feel free to make these comments.

Failing that slap them with a wet fish

X

I like it!

And, as pp have said, it's NOBODY'S business what you name your baby. I don't care if you call your child Iceberg Lettuce, no one has a right to tell you that they don't like the name. You follow your heart and name your baby what YOU want. :flower:

I really appreciate it guys. I had chosen the name Phoebe for a girl and my best friend hated and mocked it. Hating it is one thing, mocking it is passing a line. So far, I've not told anyone about the name Keaton for a boy (since we found out it is a boy). I'd originally chosen Nicholas but now I have a top two.
I appreciate the support here! Thank you:hugs:

Phoebe is an adorable name, and your "friend" is a moron.

I'm not a huge fan of the name Keaton, but like everyone else said, who gives a flying flip what I (or anyone else) thinks? Babies have a way of growing into their names. If you think your baby is a Keaton, then he's a Keaton and no other name will do! :)

I really appreciate it guys. I had chosen the name Phoebe for a girl and my best friend hated and mocked it. Hating it is one thing, mocking it is passing a line. So far, I've not told anyone about the name Keaton for a boy (since we found out it is a boy). I'd originally chosen Nicholas but now I have a top two.
I appreciate the support here! Thank you:hugs:

oh, i quite like the name Nikki (although if i went for a long name id go Nicodemus because its rare and i remember the name from bible school when i was little lol)

but i cant use it as OH best friends kid is called Nikki

I love both Phoebe and Keaton! Great names :0)

I like keaton :) scott is the best middle name out of the options I think

Keaton is cute but the best thing is not to tell anyone! Me and oh have some names picked but we are not telling a soul till the baby is born. No one will all agree on a name so you will always get someone trying to put you off! Have realised that if you present a baby and say 'this is X' no one will say anything, his name is his name! X

Im not a fan but then its not my little boy! i love your middle names. someone will always have an opinon on something you cant please everyone >3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->