Please read if you conceived after the pill

P

Pancha67

Hey girls

I am hoping to join you soon but I have a quick question I am hoping you can help me with.

So if our plan goes ok we should be stopping my pill on 11th July. I will then have a week period and we can begin trying on 18th July.

Obviously I know it can take a while for my normal period to come back but what should I expect?

Should I in theory get a period two weeks after stopping the pill?

Anything is possible after the pill, your cycle might be longer, or continue to be exactly as before, heavier, lighter, forget whatever you thought you knew about your cycle during the pill, it will take a while to understand your cycle- if it's different.
Some women get pregnant right off, some take a bit longer, and for some it totally screwed their system.
And your period should arrive about 4 weeks after stopping the pill, not 2 weeks.

I didn't have aperiod fora year when I came off the pill. Hopefully everything will work out for you it expect the unexpected

It really depends on you, honestly. Each woman is going to experience coming off the pill differently.

The last time I was on the pill was when I was about 24 years old. I was on that for about 2 1/2 years. I had wonky periods afterwards. I actually used an online tracking tool to help me keep track. It didn't take long to have another period, but my cycle ended up being anywhere between 29-35 days, and there were a few months where it skipped all together. I think my longest cycle was 59 days just last summer.

I came off the pill in January and my period arrived just a week later. My cycles never went back to their 28 day usual instead they were between 21-25 and sometimes my period was only ever a few days long. However I got pregnant on my third cycle afterwards.

Are you thinking about using bbt? That really helped me to understand what was going on xx

I always got my period 2-3 days after stopping the pill.
I did not ovulate my first month after going off the pill, though.
It took 3 months off the pill for me to get pregnant after being on the pill for about 12 years, which is quicker than I expected.

Lucy- that's too funny. I went off the pill in January too and I see we are the both at 10w3d

The first time I got pregnant while I was on the pill. I went back on it after he was born and a couple years later we decided to try for #2. I assumed it would happen right away but it took 6 months!

I got pregnant 19 days after stopping the pill :) Anything is possible!

I came off the pill February 13th, started trying the next day. I had a normal period February 15th for about 5 days, which is normal. My system knew it was getting screwed up lol. Got a second period March 17th with terrible cramps, which wasn't normal while on the pill. Got pregnant 2 weeks later :) Every woman is different though. Good luck! :)

I got my first AF exactly 28 days after I took my last pill x

For me it was a pretty positive experience. I stopped the pill, waited until I had a normal period, and then we decided to wait one extra month. The first cycle off the pill was a normal 28 day cycle and the second was only 20 days. Then we started TTC and got our BFP 3 days before my missed period. Unfortunately the day AF was due, she came and the Dr. chopped it up to a MMC. We waited one more cycle until I got a normal period - which came in exactly 28 days and tried again. This time I only took a test 4 days after my missed period and it was another BFP. I'm now 6 weeks along! I have my first ObGYN apt at 10 weeks.

Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!

Hi
Had my week break then decided we were ready to try :) so stopped pill Monday and got a positive ovulation test Friday Dtd and fell pregnant straight away now 6 weeks :)
Good luck definitely recommend using ovulation tests :)

Yeah, everyone is really different. I think it helps if you know if you were having regular cycles before you got on the pill. I was, and then I was on the pill for 10 years, stopped taking it and was pregnant 3 weeks later (never had a normal period). So be prepared for that possibility too! Good luck!

I started the pill when I was 14 to control cramping and I had a normal 28 day cycle since I started at 11.. I went off it last March at 17 after switching pills and putting on 30 pounds in a month. I ended up having the most irregular periods after coming off, my first cycle was 9 weeks, more than a year later and my cycles were still off, ranging from 28 days to 9 weeks but they had seemed to start averaging about 32 days or so before I unexpectedly got pregnant. We weren't trying one way or the other to avoid or conceive it just kind of happened, but that was my experience and I can honestly say I never plan on going back on the pill... It screwed my body up too much.

As you've seen. It can vary a ton!

I got pregnant 2 cycles after stopping the pill once. Then got preg again ON the pill ..with twins lol. So you can never really know for sure. Hopefully you dont have any trouble at all though!

Each person is different. My cycles went psycho after coming off the pill and it took us 11 months to conceive. A friend of mine got pregnant right away after stopping her pill. And I know someone who somehow managed to get pregnant *on* the pill lol. So yeah, everyone is different :) Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->