please read possible autism?

I've sent you my Facebook address, I know some really really good people who can help you in the right direction xxx

we are 1.5 years in, so a slow process. Sam is on the ASD pathway now though which is good, but full diagnosis is ages away! His consultant has stated he has high functioning autism in her opioion but needs further assessment to confirm.

As for contradicting opioions, ive had a few people suggest ADHD instead, whereas if you sit down and go through what causes his hyperness and metldowns its clearly pointing more towards ASD, although i think we will end up with dual diagnosis. In a way how he is older the ASD shows far more, where as he just seems severely ADHD a year ago.

Everyone who has had extended contact with Sam or spent significant time discussing with me and grouping things together states ASD.

oh my goodness my daughter has come n so much since i posted this lol!!

dont get me wrong shes no angel but i think alot of it was developmental.

shes about to start her 3rd block of speech therapy she can now answer questions and is also starting to ask them. such as can i have chips (ooops)

ill say do you want juice she will say yes :)

her fears come and go once she knows what something is shes fine very rarely covers her ears now.

one of the big things was fear off hoover so i thought one day sod it lets see if she still hates it. so i put it on she shouted a bit and then i laughed at her for being silly and after then she was playing with the hoover letting me pretend i was going to hoover her feet up!

her interaction with peers is coming along nicely although she still does her own thing too.

she will still hit but i believe this is frustration out of lack of speech

her lining toys doesnt happen much now last time she done it she told me her teddies where on a train lol

has also displayed alot of imagination recently too

shes still under assesment of course with no diagnonsis yet

last report i had from salt was significent delay however the part about her social play etc was spot on and very positive

shes not quite as busy anymore. shes still fairly hyper and loves to climb. (what 4 year old deosnt) but shes not constantly jumping around and sat through her 25 min assesment with speech very well and paid attention the entire time (good to know she can do it just chooses not to all the time lol)

just an update to my thread x

Great news so far Hun! We have had similar progress with Tori and I think we're out the woods with her. hugs:

great news about tori its amazing how quickly they can just come on. ill be interested to see what her next appointment brings x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->