please read possible autism?

Yep, she is indeed. She has a 1 to 1 for full allocation of hours. It was hard to let go but they have been amazing and i trust the 1:1 one hundred percent

thats brilliant. I have been thinking dd might need to go to special needs nursery but theres a chance she could have a key worker in mainstream ?x

That sounds about right. My friends LO has a key worker in Early Years nursery and them when he moves to pre school he will get the same.
In most cases mainstream is the first port of call here. They prefer the child to try mainstream. We have to choose mainstream primary this year , special schools are difficult to get into too. We'll re-evaluate it come early next year if it goes wrong, but at least we can say we tried.

We choose our nursery, stated her needs and the head came to the house to meet her. She applied to the council for a key worker full hours and it was granted, really easy, we didn't do anything. The nursery will decide whether they have the right teacher to child ratio for your child's needs and if not they will get support in

My son had 1:1 at preschool and he now has a fulltime statement. He is still mainstream but will 100% be special needs school for secondary next year 😉😊

thanks so much for the information guys. I Didn't realise it was difficult to get them into special needs schools. DD has an extremely short attention span i cant imagine her every coping in primary school :(

Just been reading through:hugs: Alot of what you wrote would describe my little girl. You're doing the right thing by persuing more testing and a preschool place. If she's able then mainstream is the way to go, my son was in a integrated ASD preschool and thrived :thumbup: My dd is going to a none integrated smaller preschool because she has more needs than him but she doesnt start until next wedneday so not sure how that will go. Its hard letting them go but just have to keep reminding ourselves that its best for them:hugs:

Did your lo have a regression? My can also be affectionate and can give eye contact, it just has to be on her terms lol. She has some imaginative play also! Good luck hun, update us on how it goes:hugs:

Just been reading through:hugs: Alot of what you wrote would describe my little girl. You're doing the right thing by persuing more testing and a preschool place. If she's able then mainstream is the way to go, my son was in a integrated ASD preschool and thrived :thumbup: My dd is going to a none integrated smaller preschool because she has more needs than him but she doesnt start until next wedneday so not sure how that will go. Its hard letting them go but just have to keep reminding ourselves that its best for them:hugs:

Did your lo have a regression? My can also be affectionate and can give eye contact, it just has to be on her terms lol. She has some imaginative play also! Good luck hun, update us on how it goes:hugs:

shes in mainstream just now and has been the past year . she has been deffered from p1 for a year because shes a jan baby but also she is nowhere near ready.

the preschool raised concerns about her lack of interaction with other children and her reactions to change in routine. she also hits the other kids yet also loves them? :dohh:

she has always gave lovely eye contact and will always give you a kiss and cuddle whenever you ask including when you dont :haha:

Im still feeling very confused because i want the help for her asap in her own preschool if possible i hope your little girl gets on as well as possible :hugs:

and no she doesnt seem to have regressed as far as i have noticed xx

I could have written this exact post! You've described my girl as well. I spoke to the sp and lang therapist today and she has suggested an autism assessment. Apparently though the waiting list for initial assessment is two years!! So much for early intervention! OP I hope you get some support soon x

I could have written this exact post! You've described my girl as well. I spoke to the sp and lang therapist today and she has suggested an autism assessment. Apparently though the waiting list for initial assessment is two years!! So much for early intervention! OP I hope you get some support soon x

oh my goodness Thats insane?! how are we supposed to help them waiting that long :nope:

xx

oh my goodness Thats insane?! how are we supposed to help them waiting that long :nope:

xx

I know. It's disgusting isn't it! I have no intention of waiting that long - I will harass whoever I need to - shouldn't have to though! I hope the waiting list in your area is more reasonable.

We waited 4yrs for diagnosis!

Was that until the initial appointment or for the diagnosis? I don't know how it works but 4 years sounds totally unacceptable to me. It must have driven you mad with all the waiting! Did they say why it takes so long?

alibaba24 you wont be waiting that long hunny in this city :hugs: yep it can be long but not counting the pre assessment before referral, its about 6-8 months. We actually were phoned with a cancellation too!

alibaba24 you wont be waiting that long hunny in this city :hugs: yep it can be long but not counting the pre assessment before referral, its about 6-8 months. We actually were phoned with a cancellation too!

Thank you i was started to freak out there :nope:

unbelievable how long some of you guys have had to wait ! maybe its different for every child too as well as location

xx

xx

I know. It's disgusting isn't it! I have no intention of waiting that long - I will harass whoever I need to - shouldn't have to though! I hope the waiting list in your area is more reasonable.

Thankfully it seem to be :thumbup:

good for you keep on at who you need to until you get your child what they need xx

Thank you i was started to freak out there :nope:

unbelievable how long some of you guys have had to wait ! maybe its different for every child too as well as location

xx

Sorry Hun. Didn't mean to freak you out! Atomic will know much better for your area.

well iv had my meeting with the educational physcologist. I tried to say to him i felt she had autism but he didnt seem to really agree with me. although maybe thats because its not her place? he said she didnt seem typical of an autistic child when he was watching her. discussed the nurseries concerns which are her lack of interaction with other kids ( i believe though this is due to language delay she cant understand what they are saying) they said her attention span is short again i think this is the language delay. also her change in routine. she hates it. the educational physc said that most children do though. basically i think until the cdc see her im not going to get anyone to even acknowledge she may be autistic which is very frustrating. the nursery are going to try some strategies to encourage her interacting with other children. when i picked her up yesterday i was told she was actually playing with another little girl and they hadnt really seen that before

feeling confused and frustrated

First of all - :hugs:

Secondly, one person's opinion is nothing and you can always ask, or simpily put your foot down.

Whats important just now is that your little girl gets the support for her needs now, and not just because of a diagnosis.

Our educational psychologist couldn't tell, in fact, no-one was sure, our speech therapist was totally against. I just had to shout and shout and say I wanted her referred, end of story.

There is another issue. Girls with autism can tend to differ from boys - and it is harder to diagnose girls.
https://www.autism.org.uk/about-aut...m/women-and-girls-on-the-autism-spectrum.aspx

Our Alex is a complex mix of everything though. Her autism became and still becomes more apparant with age.

that just complicates it furthmore doesnt it? Im waiting on the child development clinic app to come through. i agree that the important thing is helping her. at least in a way the nursery have aknlowledged the issues and are now going to try things with her so thats something. all i want is to help her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->