*** !!Please Read!! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How do people MISS the obvious sticky with a yellow attention sign next to it right at the top before posting new topic??

https://www.babyandbump.com/images/icons/icon4.gif Please Do Not Post BFP Announcements In This Section

:huh:

To be honest I dont understand why not. It makes sense for the people that you have been trying with to know your happy news. It strikes me as a silly rule, and consequently I think thats why people dont pay attention to it.

I find it hard seeing all the announcements when its not working for me. having an announcement forum gives me the option to read the announcements when i'm at my strongest.

Why did you have to repeat your rude attitude in 2 threads Mazza. You might find it silly but I find you blind and selfish to the reasons behind it.

Ignorance annoys people.

I agree that it should not be put in TTC, there is a section for it, and if people want to tell the people they have TTC with then they can PM them. Ive got a baby and would still be fed up if i kept seeing BFPs when i was struggeling to try, or if somebody who had been trying for a shorter period than me had got theres etc lol x

I agree with louisa. Reading down the list of threads and then seeing "YAY ME!" just reminds me I'm not getting my bfp.

Wobbles, if you've been in a thread chatting with people for a while, is it okay to post "got a bfp, moving over to 1st tri" there before you go? I don't like seeing separate posts for it, but if you've had people supporting you a long time in a certain thread, is it okay to mention it there? I know it can still be disappointing if you don't have a bfp yet, but you're chatting away with people you hope get their bfp that cycle.

I agree with louisa. Reading down the list of threads and then seeing "YAY ME!" just reminds me I'm not getting my bfp.

Wobbles, if you've been in a thread chatting with people for a while, is it okay to post "got a bfp, moving over to 1st tri" there before you go? I don't like seeing separate posts for it, but if you've had people supporting you a long time in a certain thread, is it okay to mention it there? I know it can still be disappointing if you don't have a bfp yet, but you're chatting away with people you hope get their bfp that cycle.
Theres a few bends we ignore yer :D

When someone has 10 posts and don't read the rules (or ignore them) its a different story. You find most who use the forum on a regular basis have made geuine TTC buddies respect others & know whats right or wrong :D

Does that make sense?

Sorry for having an opinion! Surely thats what these boards are for debate and opinion! This is my opinion.

It is all very well having an opinion, but this issue has been raised over and over and OVER again and poor Wobbles and co must be sick of having to justify the rules every 5 seconds. The reasons are there in black and white, and if you feel you cant accept them, then you should seriously look at yourself to consider why

I don't think it's a big deal. I have been trying for a long time but for me, it's like a motivation to keep going!!
However, I think it's important to follow rules to respect all of the others. I am a teacher and I truly believe in following directions at all times :)

Why are you so rude?

I dont see why everyone else can be polite and respect the rules for the sake of other peoples feelings yet you cant?

sorry wobbles, now I'm more confused rather than less :-k

that bfp is still proving elusive for me, so this isn't a pressing question but.....
I kinda knock about in the CBFM thread and the first time TTC one - is it ok to let people know in the thread, or are you supposed to just graduate over to the first trimester forum without saying where you're going?

Promise I'm not being awkward here, just trying to get things straight in my head

urchin

I just dont understand why you have such an issue with something that is only there to protect people what can be a difficult, distressing and upsetting time.

sorry wobbles, now I'm more confused rather than less :-k

that bfp is still proving elusive for me, so this isn't a pressing question but.....
I kinda knock about in the CBFM thread and the first time TTC one - is it ok to let people know in the thread, or are you supposed to just graduate over to the first trimester forum without saying where you're going?

Promise I'm not being awkward here, just trying to get things straight in my head

urchin

The rule is more regarding "announcement" threads, if you have a team thread or whatnot then sure you can tell your friends in that thread, its just that the announcement threads need to be in the appropriate section

I find it hard seeing all the announcements when its not working for me. having an announcement forum gives me the option to read the announcements when i'm at my strongest.

I'm totally with you on this Louisa.
And personally, I avoid the announcements altogether.

I am bowing out now. This was only my opinion. I respect the rules. End of. Lets not fight about this. X

The rule is more regarding "announcement" threads, if you have a team thread or whatnot then sure you can tell your friends in that thread, its just that the announcement threads need to be in the appropriate section

Cool, thanks poloprincess - that's clear enough for me!

Sorry for having an opinion! Surely thats what these boards are for debate and opinion! This is my opinion.

Erm no actually the guidelines aren't an open 'debate' you think we ask of this for the pure sake of it? Do you not think theres a REASON a very good one at that.

Very child like with your 'whatever' reply on the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back