Please read :-(

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies i had early spotting in my 5th week of pregnancy, i paid gor a private scan at 5 weeks 6 days. All seemed ok,

The spotting stopped. I had pregnancy symptoms all day and gradually the weeks went by. I had a healthy 12 week scan.

Today at 14 weeks i forced myself to get ready and go with oh and dd to a couple of shops. I was abit nervous about going for food out as i still go funny suddenly but I decided to go for lunch at a garden centre where it wouldn't be crowded. I nipped to the toilets for a wee and was shocked to see a small beige stain on my underwear. I had a wee and wiped and dark brown stringy discharge was allover the tissue. A couple of streaks of red mucus were present. We quickly had a sandwich as our two year old was hungry and came straight home. I phoned the midwife. All the pregnancy units are shut today. The midwives wont see me below 20 weeks. If i have a heavy bleed its a&e or out of hours doctor. The out of hours doctor cant scan me or check the bbies heartbeat so what would he be able to do!

I can hear babies heartbeat racing away on my doppler. Thankfully i can get reassurance from that in that respect. But im painfully aware i could be beginning to loose my baby. Please tell me theres hope.

Did you dtd? Do you have cramps? I'd go to the ER for reassurance. I spotted bright red blood for an hour when I was 9 weeks. They checked me and couldn't find out why I bled. Maybe your placenta detached a little bit? Its great news that you can hear baby's hb! Hang in there! ❤

I second Dana. It's not incredibly worrisome but definitely needs to be scanned and assessed. I can't believe your midwife wouldn't see you given the situation. Let alone until 20 weeks?! I had a ton of care, tests, and scans done by 20 weeks =\

Hi nope not dtd for weeks as ive felt rough. No pain it was a shock it was even there. It seems to have stopped but still feel the threat now that things are going wrong emotionally. At 14 weeks I thought i was safe enough.

Thats the nhs for you :-( nobody works weekends. All the local hospital cut backs mean nothing can be done locally. The midwife said gps deal with your emergency under 20 weeks. The hospital for emergency scans is an hour away and shuts weekends. She said she would refer me tomorrow if im bleeding red blood. They tell you not to use dopplers but thats all i have right now. X

I would avoid the Doppler tbh. It can do more harm than good sometimes, both physically and emotionally. I know my son HATES the Doppler. He kicks it away every time at the gyn's lol. But try not to stress. Unless you're having major bleeding (bright red) or major pain it usually resolves itself. Hugs

The walking may have been too much for you if you aren't used to it. The cervix is so sensitive during pregnancy that really anything can cause spotting. I would definitely be requesting an ultrasound as soon as you can. I wish you all the best and I really hope that you update once you find something out! In the meantime I offer you all the hugs in the world :hugs:

I had a private scan done today. Baby is fine. No obvious reason for the bleed and apparently i am having a boy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 10
Congrats on your blue bundle! Glad to hear things are well even if you didn't get a clear answer as to what caused the bleeding. I've had several friends who bled periodically throughout their pregnancies, some every 4 weeks so they didn't find out they were pregnant until 16+ weeks!, and everything turned out fine.

Congrats! I'm so glad everything turned out well! 😁❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->