please say i'm not the only one...

BabyUrq

Reaction score
please say i'm not the only one with absolutely horrible stretch marks!! i did really good up til about 7 months...barely had any...i have been putting stuff all over my stomach for the entire pregnancy to help avoid having this many... they started really low below my belly button so i couldn't really see them...hubby told me they were there....and now they cover the entire bump to the point there are even TONS of small ones an inch or two below my ribs....i think i'll feel better if i know i'm not the only one with them this bad no matter what we tried to do to prevent them! lol :blush:

Stretchies Id say are more genetic then anything! Mine arent awful, but a good friend of.mine had them so bad that they were cracking.open and.bleeding.by the end! They are still wicked deep, and wide! If they are just teensy ones, they will.fade :)

I haven't gotten any new ones on my stomach with this pregnancy, but I still have plenty to spare from my son. I didn't have a single one until the last couple months of my pregnancy then they popped up all over the place. I'm pretty much covered from my pubic bone almost to my rib cage, and from hip to hip. It bothered me at first but I don't really think much of it anymore. They do fade with time and become less visible, plus you just get used to them being there. It's just one of those things that happens sometimes. All it really changes is that I can't go around looking like a wanna-be 16 year old in a belly top and low rider jeans, lol.

I think I'm much more bothered with the thinner but still unsightly ones I've somehow gained on my legs, breasts and butt this time around. Nothing like that happened with my son, all I got with him was belly and hip stretchmarks. I'm REALLY hoping the ones around the back of my knees fade as those would make me rather self conscious about wearing shorts or capris and would make every summer for the rest of my life miserable.

You are totally not on your own! I had no new ones up until around 22 weeks then got them on my hips, I wasn't that bothered. Then I got them on the tops of my legs, then my vagina ffs!!!! Now I've got them all across the front of my bump at the bottom and I'm only 28 weeks! Not looking forward to the progression of even more :( x

I have them all over my lower belly and I too have been religious with the recommended oils and butters since about 8 weeks!!! My mother doesn't have many either so thought id be lucky but they're everywhere! A lot of people say they will fade and go silver but I am gutted. They get sore at times it's like I can feel one appearing and my skin stretching. I haven't put on a great deal of weight either which I was surprised about my appetite hadn't really changed, probably subsided a bit since I've been pregnant so I suppose I'm lucky in that respect but I'm still gutted about them :-( I was never overly confident with my body before and I won't parade around in a crop top but I'm going to look positively hideous in a bikini top when we are on hols in the future if they don't fade!! But I suppose it's one of those pregancy sacrifices :) xx

I am covered in them all on lower stomach!just hope they fade and go silvery

My mother had 2 babies, my grandmother had eight and neither one got stretchmarks. I've only gotten one or two new ones from this pregnancy and none from my last pregnancy but with my first I marked from hip to hip across the front of my belly. Too many to count! The fun part is baby #1 is nearly 14 and I constantly threaten her that I'll wear revealing clothes and tell anyone that'll listen to me that she cause the marks with her early antagonism...

I've got a fair few. First baby.

My mum got them horrendously, so I did expect it.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent stretch marks, your skin is an organ and genetically programmed. Creams/Oils go know where near where the stretch marks originate.

I got a bunch from about an inch above my belly button down to my vag. They started at around 30 weeks. They are only on the lower part of my bump mostly, because my baby has been so low this entire pregnancy.

I've also been religious about using lotions on my bump and any other place I know I could get stretch marks (legs, arms, boobs, hips, basically everywhere). I already had stretch marks from getting chunky about 10 years ago, but they have faded to white. I think that these new ones will fade to white also. At first I was really depressed about them.. and I still get kind of sad... but I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it for my little girl. Luckily my husband has been really sweet about it and tells me I'm beautiful and stuff, which helps. But sometimes I still feel like a giant cow and I feel like my body is totally ruined.

I have them everywhere from my dd except for my stomach. I'm praying I don't get anymore and that u avoid the stomach because that would break my heart :( I live wearing bikinis

Definitely not the only one.....If i could take a picture right now and show you my belly button i would. I have a huge "X" type thing directly above my belly button (were blaming my peircing). I had to take my navel pericing out because it ripped the hole in two practically and they are so wide and deep. My family jokes that "x" marks the spot where treasure lies hahaha But ill probably have this "x" forever now. Doctor said its the worst stretch mark shes seen in a long while. :(

Yup me too. My bump, my pubic area, my thighs, my calves and my hips! Oh not to mentions boobies!!

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to get them then you will- no lotion or potion will help. I should've drunk more water to keep the elasticity in my skin but had been craving fizzy juice super bad. So that's all I drunk until about 37 weeks when I started to love water. Again, don't know if that would've helped! You're not alone!! xxx

thanks ladies!! even though we're all in misery with them lol....just one of the sacrifices i guess....hopefully they all fade for all of us and we are still comfortable with ourselves afterwards!
i knew that they were inevitable....i just never imagined they could get or look this bad!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->