please say im not the only one ?

Perhaps you have to try being tough & not feed him, just try to get him back to sleep without a feed. He sounds as though he is having plenty of food throughout the day, so he shouldn't really be waking for food during the night, as you said, it's probably the comfort thing. Have you ever tried giving him a little porridge or weetabix before bed after his last bottle? Jack always has supper now & it helps him sleep through. Hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

thanks hun i think you are right i need to be a bit tougher tonight im gonna really try and not feed him, i havnt tryed feeding him after last bottle as he allways falls asleep with it xx

It must be that much harder with BF though, as when you are cuddling, the milk supply is in his reach if you get me! At least I can keep a bottle away from Jack! Good luck tonight hun - hope you start to get somewhere:hugs:

Some babies can cope with less sleep,your boy is one of them.Dont over-analyze this as it will just stress you out.Just accept he is a 'high need' baby.Two naps a day for a 7 month old is good enough.If he is gaining weight and thriving,then everything is going in the right direction.

Think of it in this way,a 'high need' baby is demanding,they want and get the best in life because they 'demand' it.Your baby knows he deserves the best!

Oh & Jack only has 1 proper nap in the day - he wakes at 6.30 then goes back at approx 8am until 9ish then will be awake until 2.00pm & then sleep for an hour max again & then will be up until bed usually.

It must be that much harder with BF though, as when you are cuddling, the milk supply is in his reach if you get me! At least I can keep a bottle away from Jack! Good luck tonight hun - hope you start to get somewhere:hugs:

thanks from last night now ive stopped breast feeding, he still had 2 bottles thouugh :hissy: :sleep:

Some babies can cope with less sleep,your boy is one of them.Dont over-analyze this as it will just stress you out.Just accept he is a 'high need' baby.Two naps a day for a 7 month old is good enough.If he is gaining weight and thriving,then everything is going in the right direction.

Think of it in this way,a 'high need' baby is demanding,they want and get the best in life because they 'demand' it.Your baby knows he deserves the best!

thanks hun, i cant even sleep at night now cos i keep going over it in my head thinking what i can do to help him sleep better, i really dont think i can try anything else :sleep:

oh i forgot to add he is gaining weight too and hes very active and happy in the day so he seems hes doing great apart from the sleeping xx

Hey hun, I was reading this book the other day about windy/ colicy babies as jacob is the same (even tho really younger) and it said windy babies get in the habbit of 'snacking and napping' when they are lil and it just becomes habbit even when there older and the wind settles they have trained themselves to 'snack and nap' and never get into a deep sleep as they are used to wind waking them. (I was reading for future reference) that is said this pattern is really HARD to brake as its what there used too just like if you rock a baby to sleep it doesnt know how to fall asleep on its own but you have to be persistent ( in know easier said than done) Ive just started taken jacob to Osteopathy sessions and it speaks about this in great detail and some of the reasons for it.....Maybe something you might wanna look into :)

Something it speaks about a lil but in more depth in sessions :) Might help with braking this rountine :) XxxX

3) Sickness, Colic & Wind

From the first 2 or 3 weeks after birth, when feeding is getting well established, the baby may be taking large quantities of ‘richer’ milk. Any difficulty or inability of their digestive system to cope with this can certainly lead to colic. Inefficient suckling can lead to the baby swallowing large quantities of air causing colic, as can tension or distortion in the region of the diaphragm.

Any impairment in the function of the diaphragm has a major effect on the ability of the stomach to retain and digest its contents. The diaphragm can be affected by stress through the trunk of the baby from its passage through the birth canal, from shock from the birth, or a poor first breath. If the umbilical cord has been subjected to tension during delivery, perhaps because it was wrapped around the baby’s neck, this can disturb the function of the diaphragm. Problems in this area will manifest frequently as windy babies, or as colic.

4) Sleep Disturbances

The close link between the sleeping and feeding patterns of a young baby has been established. A baby who does not take adequate milk at one feed will need to wake sooner for the next feed. This can easily develop into a ‘snacking and napping’ habit.

There are other things that can interfere with the sleeping patterns of babies. They may be prevented from falling into a really deep sleep, in which they shut out everything from the outside world, by discomfort in their head. In addition, the stresses of retained compression on the bony casing of the skull may be transmitted via the coverings of the brain (the meninges) to the brain itself. As a result, the baby’s nervous system may be kept in a persistently alert state. These babies sleep for only short periods at a time, and never seem to fall into a deep sleep. Later in the first year they are awakened by the slightest noise.

Hey hun, I was reading this book the other day about windy/ colicy babies as jacob is the same (even tho really younger) and it said windy babies get in the habbit of 'snacking and napping' when they are lil and it just becomes habbit even when there older and the wind settles they have trained themselves to 'snack and nap' and never get into a deep sleep as they are used to wind waking them. (I was reading for future reference) that is said this pattern is really HARD to brake as its what there used too just like if you rock a baby to sleep it doesnt know how to fall asleep on its own but you have to be persistent ( in know easier said than done) Ive just started taken jacob to Osteopathy sessions and it speaks about this in great detail and some of the reasons for it.....Maybe something you might wanna look into :)

Something it speaks about a lil but in more depth in sessions :) Might help with braking this rountine :) XxxX

From the first 2 or 3 weeks after birth, when feeding is getting well established, the baby may be taking large quantities of ‘richer’ milk. Any difficulty or inability of their digestive system to cope with this can certainly lead to colic. Inefficient suckling can lead to the baby swallowing large quantities of air causing colic, as can tension or distortion in the region of the diaphragm.

Any impairment in the function of the diaphragm has a major effect on the ability of the stomach to retain and digest its contents. The diaphragm can be affected by stress through the trunk of the baby from its passage through the birth canal, from shock from the birth, or a poor first breath. If the umbilical cord has been subjected to tension during delivery, perhaps because it was wrapped around the baby’s neck, this can disturb the function of the diaphragm. Problems in this area will manifest frequently as windy babies, or as colic.

4) Sleep Disturbances

The close link between the sleeping and feeding patterns of a young baby has been established. A baby who does not take adequate milk at one feed will need to wake sooner for the next feed. This can easily develop into a ‘snacking and napping’ habit.

There are other things that can interfere with the sleeping patterns of babies. They may be prevented from falling into a really deep sleep, in which they shut out everything from the outside world, by discomfort in their head. In addition, the stresses of retained compression on the bony casing of the skull may be transmitted via the coverings of the brain (the meninges) to the brain itself. As a result, the baby’s nervous system may be kept in a persistently alert state. These babies sleep for only short periods at a time, and never seem to fall into a deep sleep. Later in the first year they are awakened by the slightest noise.

that sounds just like charlie i reakon this could deffo be the problem , do you know how they can get them into a deep sleep ?

4) Sleep Disturbances

that sounds just like charlie i reakon this could deffo be the problem , do you know how they can get them into a deep sleep ?

not sure i have only been one session and the night after it jacob slept wonderfully (he is the same as charlie just a younger version) been colicy since birth, very windy, acid reflux and now on lactose free milk but still having problems getting him to sleep. since thursday he slee[ps from 9pm till 2am gets up has a feed and winded back down at 3 till 5ish up has a feed then back down till 8!!! he used to only sleep a MAX of 5hours broken (dont know if it just co-instadence but im not stopping the sessions if the results continue! and member jacob is only 10 weeks. they do say tho the older the babie the more sessions they need but they also say these are the babies who you see the biggest difference with. they also told me cause jacob cat naps in the day, only 30 mins at a time 4 times a day not to let him and even if he's screaming to just keep going and put him down for one - two longer naps in the day, so he wakes at 8am and is awake straight till 1ish now and then goes down for a nap and sleeps till 3ish so a good 2 hours and this trains his brain to go into deeper longer sleeps, and if you do this isn the day time the night time soon follows (as its always easier to do things in the day time :)) XXX

4) Sleep Disturbances

not sure i have only been one session and the night after it jacob slept wonderfully (he is the same as charlie just a younger version) been colicy since birth, very windy, acid reflux and now on lactose free milk but still having problems getting him to sleep. since thursday he slee[ps from 9pm till 2am gets up has a feed and winded back down at 3 till 5ish up has a feed then back down till 8!!! he used to only sleep a MAX of 5hours broken (dont know if it just co-instadence but im not stopping the sessions if the results continue! and member jacob is only 10 weeks. they do say tho the older the babie the more sessions they need but they also say these are the babies who you see the biggest difference with. they also told me cause jacob cat naps in the day, only 30 mins at a time 4 times a day not to let him and even if he's screaming to just keep going and put him down for one - two longer naps in the day, so he wakes at 8am and is awake straight till 1ish now and then goes down for a nap and sleeps till 3ish so a good 2 hours and this trains his brain to go into deeper longer sleeps, and if you do this isn the day time the night time soon follows (as its always easier to do things in the day time :)) XXX

oh thanks i could try that charlie naps around 12pm and then again around 4pm for about 30 mins - 1 hour maybe i should try tiring him out so he sleeps longer to get used to it, what do they do to them at these sessions ? are they expensive ? xx

so instead of putting him down when he half tired in the day and grizzlying wait until he is really tired and if he really tired he will falls asleep on him own (jacob got used to falling asleep on the bottle and only taking half a feed then waking from wind.) instead now we feed him his full bottle wait till he is really tired put him down on him dummy and then when he wakes he is really hungry and takes the full feed and goes longer. only been doing it past week and its hard and alot of nursing but even today i can see a great difference XXXX

they go through the pregnancy, birth and after birth to get to know baby then they check head for pressure and body for tension and access them as a whole then give them some massaging etc, like i say only been 1 so far but it was great mine are 40 a session but it varies across the country from 30-40 :) try tiring him out completely ( i know exhausting fir you as so used to putting them down for a nap when grizzling just to get time to self) but it trains them to sleep in short bursts, so by making sure there completely tired they fall into a deeper sleep and longer (wind doesn't wake babies in deep sleeps) then they wake up hungery take more so go longer :) sorry if repeating or rambling jacob sitting on me knee :) xxx

Hey hun, I know the frustration of getting up so many times in the night. I used to be up almost every hour and to make things easier for myself at the time I would just give Grace milk which would settle her back down. She's since moved into her own room and although I still get up a lot with her I don't just automatically give her milk, just her dummy. I don't let her fall asleep on me either like I used to at her bedtime. I put her down with her mobile on and she goes to sleep eventually. The only advice I can give is to try and wean him gradually off having so many night feeds. Babies are clever in knowing just how to play you and they learn quickly that if, when they wake they are fed and cuddled they will keep doing so. If you don't do that eventually it should get to a point where they realise that waking doesn't mean attention and even if they do wake they can get themselves back to sleep. I doubt he is waking so often because he is hungry if he's feeding properly through the day. He probably just wants attention and comfort. It is hard not to pick them up and cuddle them when they wake up but if you don't stop then they never learn and you make a rod for your own back. Hope you find some solution anyway xx

so instead of putting him down when he half tired in the day and grizzlying wait until he is really tired and if he really tired he will falls asleep on him own (jacob got used to falling asleep on the bottle and only taking half a feed then waking from wind.) instead now we feed him his full bottle wait till he is really tired put him down on him dummy and then when he wakes he is really hungry and takes the full feed and goes longer. only been doing it past week and its hard and alot of nursing but even today i can see a great difference XXXX

well im doing it today hes still not had his morning nap he had a little cry but stoped and is playing :happydance: hopefully he will wear himself out xx

they go through the pregnancy, birth and after birth to get to know baby then they check head for pressure and body for tension and access them as a whole then give them some massaging etc, like i say only been 1 so far but it was great mine are 40 a session but it varies across the country from 30-40 :) try tiring him out completely ( i know exhausting fir you as so used to putting them down for a nap when grizzling just to get time to self) but it trains them to sleep in short bursts, so by making sure there completely tired they fall into a deeper sleep and longer (wind doesn't wake babies in deep sleeps) then they wake up hungery take more so go longer :) sorry if repeating or rambling jacob sitting on me knee :) xxx

oh thanks hun thats great advice and i acually feel like things are making sense, i really think this is his problem , it is so hard when your tired though expecially night feeds , im so exhausted at the end of each day and im having trouble going to sleep sounds silly as im so tired but it takes me an hour and half to get to sleep i cant switch off :hissy: xx

Hey hun, I know the frustration of getting up so many times in the night. I used to be up almost every hour and to make things easier for myself at the time I would just give Grace milk which would settle her back down. She's since moved into her own room and although I still get up a lot with her I don't just automatically give her milk, just her dummy. I don't let her fall asleep on me either like I used to at her bedtime. I put her down with her mobile on and she goes to sleep eventually. The only advice I can give is to try and wean him gradually off having so many night feeds. Babies are clever in knowing just how to play you and they learn quickly that if, when they wake they are fed and cuddled they will keep doing so. If you don't do that eventually it should get to a point where they realise that waking doesn't mean attention and even if they do wake they can get themselves back to sleep. I doubt he is waking so often because he is hungry if he's feeding properly through the day. He probably just wants attention and comfort. It is hard not to pick them up and cuddle them when they wake up but if you don't stop then they never learn and you make a rod for your own back. Hope you find some solution anyway xx

yes i think i dont try hard enough when he wakes for second feed i think im so tired i just think il feed him to get him back to sleep the first feed he drinks loads at about 1am then at his 6am feed he wont have alot but its so hard to get him back to sleep without feeding but your right he needs to learn xxx

I totally agree with the post Bexy made above about babies knowing just how to play their parents!

oh thanks hun thats great advice and i acually feel like things are making sense, i really think this is his problem , it is so hard when your tired though expecially night feeds , im so exhausted at the end of each day and im having trouble going to sleep sounds silly as im so tired but it takes me an hour and half to get to sleep i cant switch off :hissy: xx

i know what u mean i cant sleep it takes me ages to go and im exhausted. hopefully it will work for you :) XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->