Please someone tell me I'm not alone..........

Lownthwaite

1DD and cooking #2!
Reaction score
Please someone tell me I'm not alone in feeling the way I feel. :shrug:

I don't know how to discribe this without sounding mad but here goes - I've suffered for sometime with high levels of irritability. Sometimes it is ok and other times (like right now! :growlmad:) I feel like I could quite easily walk out my house, away from everything and go to sit in a field somewhere on my own.

The stupidest things annoy me:

People breathing loudly near me - or even worse ON me! My poor DH must think I hate cuddles! :nope:
People chewing loudly.
EVERYTHING about my SS (from his voice to ANYTHING he does poor boy!) he is naughty but there's no need for me to feel the way I do about him :nope::cry:
DH snoring - I honestly feel when he does I could quite happily smother him with a pillow! :dohh:
Loud noises. DH having the tv loud is a REAL bug bear of mine - yet him and friends / family all say it isn't that loud. (When others agree it's loud there is still no excuse for me to feel the way I do)

I am SO wound up right now I feel like I could just scream! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

DD is in bed and DH has just put another film on for us (me, him and SS) and the tv is TOTALLY UNNECESSARILY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok - you probably all think I've totally lost it but I was wondering if anyone else has or does experiences this?!?! :wacko:

I cant stand eating/breathing/kissing/chewing noises... I actually have to move seats on the train if somone is chewing gum.

since i have become pregnant it has been so much worse and my anger when someone chews/breaths loadly near me i feel extream anger and like i want to hurt them (i dont hurt them but i feel like i want to ) my oh has been very sweet and now eats his dinner in another room, im ok if im eating at the same time but i have been eating at all different times recently because of ms.

I hope tomorrow is a less anoying day:hugs:

I cant stand eating/breathing/kissing/chewing noises... I actually have to move seats on the train if somone is chewing gum.

since i have become pregnant it has been so much worse and my anger when someone chews/breaths loadly near me i feel extream anger and like i want to hurt them (i dont hurt them but i feel like i want to ) my oh has been very sweet and now eats his dinner in another room, im ok if im eating at the same time but i have been eating at all different times recently because of ms.

I hope tomorrow is a less anoying day:hugs:

I can relate to the wanting to hurt the person who is irritating me. I literally feel like going and punching them in the face! :growlmad: Obviously I don't (and certainly would never hurt SS) but the feeling can be overwhelming! :cry:

it really is!! I used to find a glass of wine helped on a weekend night but cant do that anymore!

can you go treat yourself to a bubble bath to get away from it all.. tell the boys to keep the tv down!!:hugs:

it really is!! I used to find a glass of wine helped on a weekend night but cant do that anymore!

can you go treat yourself to a bubble bath to get away from it all.. tell the boys to keep the tv down!!:hugs:

SS has gone to bed now (finally!) and the film is over so nice and quiet now. :thumbup:

Thanks for listening to me moan! :hugs:

No it isn't just you! I'm so easily irritated. I was so much worse when I was pregnant there was no apparent reason as to why..But as soon as people walked into the room I was automatically irritated.

I hate people that eat and breathe loudly and the TV my dad brother and LO always turn up ridiculously loud.

Sometimes it takes literally nothing and I'm irritated and people always make it worse especially by talking to me. Instead of just leaving me be they start to wind me up then wonder why I snap x

As for me

The thing is, chewing is HEALTHY so we kind of encourage family to be as loud :)
Its the sound of spoons thats a bit annoying to me. Since I am from India, we use mostly hands for our food, and I find forks,spoons really artificial lol

Snoring, yes, its quite annoying too. I cannot stand someone snoring besides me. Surprisingly, our LO sleeps really well, when we cosleep and my OH is usually snoring or breathes heavily. Its so rhythmic, so its not that bad at all

Otherwise, ear plugs can be a good idea, or changing sleep position for a snorer

Regarding, TV noises, we have NO SOUND NO LIGHTS policy at home, lol after LO sleeps.
We are as quite as possible. So thats not a bother at all for me. And if I am sleeping I do mind all kinds of noises around.

What really annoys me is people SMOKING in park around children.
Its just so repelling, and concerning as well for that matter, that I move away from them literally to avoid their NICOTIN filled smoke going anywhere near my LO

Well I woke up this morning to hear SS's computer noises REALLY loudly. Needless to say 5 minutes later LO woke up (her bedroom is next to his - it woke me up and I'm across the hall!)

I felt like launching the tv and cutting the plug off his playstation!! :growlmad:

I did have a heart to heart about it though with DH - ended up crying :cry: saying I know the way I feel is irrational but I can't help it and the feeling is so overwhelming! :cry:

Vrinda - I can understand the smoking thing - I hate it when people smoke around LO's too - and at bus stops.

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one going insane lately!!

Loud TVs make me SOOOOOOOO unbelievably ANGRY. People talking in a monotone make me want to smash something. People talking to me while I'm trying to focus on an email or a post in here (haha) makes me angry. I know it's because I am seriously sleep deprived and have had a lot of stress and worry lately. Are you the same?

My 13 yr old daughter CANNOT STAND people breathing on her or clicking their fingers. Those noises irritate her and make her angry.

People out in public who sniff in that disgusting way make me want to smash them!!! And people in shops who have disgusting breath and breathe on me makes me want to throw up.

There must be other things that irritate me too, but I'm in a rather calm mood this morning so I'll stop here!!!

Loud TVs make me SOOOOOOOO unbelievably ANGRY. People talking in a monotone make me want to smash something. People talking to me while I'm trying to focus on an email or a post in here (haha) makes me angry. I know it's because I am seriously sleep deprived and have had a lot of stress and worry lately. Are you the same?

My 13 yr old daughter CANNOT STAND people breathing on her or clicking their fingers. Those noises irritate her and make her angry.

People out in public who sniff in that disgusting way make me want to smash them!!! And people in shops who have disgusting breath and breathe on me makes me want to throw up.

There must be other things that irritate me too, but I'm in a rather calm mood this morning so I'll stop here!!!

I'm not stressed about anything and LO sleeps through so I don't really have any reason that I can find as to why I feel like this. :shrug:

I have been looking onto hyperarousal though. It's one of the side effects (so to speak) of GAD, PTSD and depression - all of which I have been diagnosed with in the past. So I'm not sure if these are related. :shrug::wacko:

Have any of you ladies suffered with any of the above conditions? :hugs:

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've noticed since I got pregnant and had DD that I get irritated very easily. My DH snoring drives me insane too. Just breathe, calm down, and just talking yourself into feeling more relaxed. I know it's earlier said than done.
Good luck hun! :D
:hug:

I'm not stressed about anything and LO sleeps through so I don't really have any reason that I can find as to why I feel like this. :shrug:

I have been looking onto hyperarousal though. It's one of the side effects (so to speak) of GAD, PTSD and depression - all of which I have been diagnosed with in the past. So I'm not sure if these are related. :shrug::wacko:

Have any of you ladies suffered with any of the above conditions? :hugs:

I haven't had any of those conditions before, but I have thought a few times that my irritability or mood swings can't be normal, and maybe I should see a dr if I can't stay calm. I don't like the person that I am sometimes. I just feel so annoyed by certain things and I know my reactions are ridiculous sometimes, but I can't seem to help it! xxx

I havnt had any of those things... I think my anoyance is passed on from my family, my grandma and mum and brother and cousins have the same issue.. i hope i will be able to not pass it on to my baby.. but we will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->