Please tell me I'm not alone....

littlemisscie

Carrying #3❤
Reaction score
I'm almost 23 weeks with our sweet little girl after two boys (SS8 & BS4)
But I'm honestly just not feeling it.

I remember being pregnant the first time and being so excited and wanting to talk about it and him and all this stuff. This time I just really don't 'care'.

Don't get me wrong, I love her and want her but I just am over being pregnant and don't enjoy pregnancy. Espesically during the summer when all I wanna do is drink and hang out by the pool. Not be a beached sober whale....

I havent been motivated to buy things or finish her room of anything:wacko:

Is this normal for 2nd pregnancies? Or am I just a butthead??:shrug:

I'm on my 4th pregnancy and feel the same way. I am always grateful to be pregnant, and i'm not trying to complain or rub it in anyone's face who has difficulty getting or staying pregnant - but i just don't enjoy it! If i could get pregnant and have the baby the next day i would. All i want to do is sit and do nothing, but working and being a mom to my other 3 prevents that and probably makes me feel even worse.

My 2nd and 3rd babies i never even made a nursery. And the 3rd baby i didn't even buy anything new! When she was born i sent my husband to the store to buy her an outfit to come home in and then once we were home we finally pulled out all the clothes and washed them and got them ready for her.

You aren't alone :)

I'm sorry. Pregnancy gets old, FAST. And being pregnant during summer is the worst. It's too hot for this crap. lol

I felt that way second tri. TBH I felt that way from like 9 weeks to 30 weeks. I only got excited again after my baby shower and now I can't stop buying things hehe

And I agree the heat makes it so much worse

I'm glad I'm not alone. I just never really liked being preggo I guess ha. I always envy the women who feel super great and sexy Pregnant.

Sexy pregnant exists? I feel like a overheating whale with hair everywhere and zits. Sure I love when my baby loves but the rest of pregnancy sucks eggs

I'm totally with you here!
I never liked being pregnant last time, I think just I'm very body conscious and I couldn't handle having no control over what was happening with my body! And you just feel like a time bomb, I've never felt sexy pregnany either :(
It's hot and everyone's chilling having bbqs and summer drinks, it makes it worse 😂

But yeah the baby at the end makes it all worth it, our bodies are amazing things ❤

I think there is so much pressure (thank you society and social media!) for women to be glowing and always happy during pregnancy. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing. However, I think we can be excited for our growing family while not taking monthly bump pictures or decorating like Martha Stewart.

I sort of realized after baby #1 that the important things are that the baby feels LOVED and taken care of, our family unit is strong and happy, and all the basic needs are met. The clothes and the nursery and the extra "stuff" is just optional icing on the cake.

Plus, when you have other children to take care of, you can't focus as much on how you feel (which was what we did when pregnant with our first babies).

I can completely relate. In fact, I could have written this post myself. The story is a little different for me though, as this is my fourth baby, but in all honesty it was the same in my last pregnancy. She was a summer baby too so I felt like I was missing out on a lot of fun stuff and I just couldn't get excited no matter how much I tried.

The second trimester also seems to be dragging. I remember with my first baby everything was exciting. Oh, the baby is the size of a box of mac & cheese! How cool! Now I'm just like the baby is kicking the crap out of my spleen and ribs so I know it has to be pretty big. Yay... I feel like I am just going through the motions this time.

It sounds like I don't want this baby but that isn't true, even though he was a surprise. Tbh my pregnancies have sucked. I spend the first 20 weeks with MS and the last 20 weeks with SPD so it's like I only have two "trimesters" instead of three. I just think I'm more done with pregnancy itself than having a baby. I'm ready to meet my baby but I'm so over pregnancy, if that makes sense.

Luckily so far it's gone by pretty quickly for me. I think because DH and I are so busy with the restaurant we own and our boys that the days fly. I feel like I'm no where near being ready for her but also know we have the basics so well be good. IMO I've got my boobs and a bed so she's fine :haha:

She is our last babe and I'm just counting down days to having my body back! :(

I felt super bonded with and connected to my 1st. With my 2nd I didn't; I was so excited to be pregnant and have another LO, but I didn't feel bonded. I worried that it would lead to pnd but as soon as she was born the love was exactly the same. It was the same with my 3rd and again, instant adoration and love. I don't know what it was; I loved being pregnant, my girls were very much planned and longed for, I just didn't have that same connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->