Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
My house is such a wreck since ms kicked in the other day. There are toys scattered everywhere. DS got into the box of diapers (unused ones) and has scattered them about. I rinse out the dishes really well when we are done with them but they are stacked higher than I'd like in the sink. Every time I think "ok, you need to get up and do something about this" my stomach has other plans. Inlaws are coming over this Friday so I have to do something about it soon. DH hasn't really helped out like I had asked. I feel so stressed out. Other than the dishes it's honestly just clutter from DS dragging out toys and blankets etc. but it looks really bad because stuff is everywhere! :dohh:

i used today as the ''right you better do something otherwise enviromental health will be round!'' :haha:
i thought, id get it over with, sick or not. :(

I'm used to having such a neat and orderly house but the sickness and fatigue is killing me. I can barely deal with 2 active toddlers all day let alone dishes. Don't beat yourself up, the second tri will be easier xxx

I would if DH was home so he could help keep an eye on DS but I try not to start puking because if I do I can't stop to get away and keep DS out of things. It scares me to not be keeping a good eye on him.

try to lean on your DH to help too when hes home, so you can rest when your son goes to bed x

I feel your pain...when I was pregnant with DD, I had horrible MS...my son would drag everything out all over the place, the house looked like a tornado had ripped it apart. AWFUL. However that's just part of the deal with ms. You do what you can, and know that it won't be like that forever! Hang in there mama!!!

I'm the same and don't even have a little baba to run around after! We live in a house far too big for us and when my OH comes home from work he makes asmuch mess as what a little toddler would! He never clears these things away though. I try my best to get it all done but it never feels clean enough we also have two messy dogs and two chinchillas to look after. I get up at 6.30 with OH make him a coffee make his breakfast and dinner,feed the animals, do the house which ends up taking all say and can never get enough done then make tea for OH when he's home, feed the animals and by the time it's 8pm I just can't be bothered only to repeat the same thing the next day. I feel worse for you though!

I'm the same and don't even have a little baba to run around after! We live in a house far too big for us and when my OH comes home from work he makes asmuch mess as what a little toddler would! He never clears these things away though. I try my best to get it all done but it never feels clean enough we also have two messy dogs and two chinchillas to look after. I get up at 6.30 with OH make him a coffee make his breakfast and dinner,feed the animals, do the house which ends up taking all say and can never get enough done then make tea for OH when he's home, feed the animals and by the time it's 8pm I just can't be bothered only to repeat the same thing the next day. I feel worse for you though!

you think thats bad! haha :haha: ahhhh ignorance is bliss, just you wait! :hugs:

its the best mess maker you'll have and you wont care about the house. your OH will have to start making his own dinners and coffee and feeding the pets! :flower:

I do have to agree some. I thought DH was the biggest mess maker ever... boy was I wrong. Picking up sock and shorts through the house and cups all over his end table was frustrating but nowhere near as bad as my little tornado :haha:

pick one thing up, turn around and theres like a box of buttons or something stupid all over the place haha :haha:

The one that drives me insane is we have a few throw blankets and a pillow or two we keep in the living room. On their own they make the living look like a much bigger mess than it really it. As soon as you fold them he pulls them out and unfolds them! :dohh: I even try to hide them in this wicker basket thing but he can open it now.

Forced myself to eat. Going to try and take some heartburn meds, pop a life saver candy and see if I can accomplish anything :thumbup: I forced myself to eat a little and it seems to have helped a tiny bit.

forcing myself to eat or drink something in the morning really helps x

I cleaned a huge chunk of the house yesterday and it feels so nice to have a clean house! But until then I really had to force myself just to do the minimum ugh. And I'm 13 weeks so my house REALLY needed the clean. Once the fatigue and sickness start lifting a bit, it will be like a revelation. Until then, just focus on your older kiddo and don't push to get too much done.

I think what started it was the prenatal I began taking. I didn't realize I was taking it wrong :dohh: When I started taking it properly is when this all started. I quit taking it and will get my prescription ones tomorrow that I took with DS and didn't make me sick. I'm wondering if it's finally leaving my system and that's why I'm doing better :shrug: Idk

my mum didnt take folic acid with me or my two brothers because it made her so sick

(i dont suggest doing this, but she stopped and it made a huge difference)

I only found out yesterday when morning sickness set in but felt run down for awhile, house is a mess and I usually am obsessed about everything being tidy, and I just couldn't care less right now lol.

Honestly people always comment on how on earth I keep such a tidy home and three very young kids, and if they saw me now lol. I did make effort to load the dishwasher earlier and take all the stuff piling up in the hall upstairs. Lol. I have just tried the playroom but haven't swept the floor yet, I doubt I will. Lol. Feel so rebellious.

my mum didnt take folic acid with me or my two brothers because it made her so sick

(i dont suggest doing this, but she stopped and it made a huge difference)

I actually try to make sure I take extra folic because DS has a heart condition and only one functioning lung :thumbup: It's weird because I think it's the combination that makes me sick not a specific ingredient.

I can't take full prenatal vitamins as they make me sick but I take folic acid on its own and no problems at all :)

Ah, I wish I could tell you I'm the same...
Simple fact is, I'm not sick and my house being so messy you can hardly see the floor is definitely not a new thing. With just DD1 as a toddler I managed to keep it tidy and clean daily, it started to get messier when pregnant with DD2. Now with a 3 and a half year old (who btw, are soooo much messier than younger toddlers and they have soooo much more stuff. I miss having a single toy box and a train out yet nothing else) it's horrible. My dishes are stacked up until we run out of either cutlery or plates and then they'll get washed, which is roughly every 2 to 3 days. Doesn't help our hot tap is broken so I need to boil water to do the dishes.

The toys are *everywhere* as there's no storage in this house. I haven't seen my 2nd sofa in many months, don't even have a clue what's on there. The floor gets sweeped daily, but you can't tell. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->