PLEASE tell me this is a phase!

ShakeItBaby1

Mommy to Riley Elizabeth
Reaction score
So, my daughter will be 8 months on the fifth, and unfortunately got her first ear infection well her first th popping through. When she was sick, she wanted nothing more than to be held and cuddled. Now she's absolutely fighting everything! She was a very calm baby up until about a week ago, and now all it seems she does is cry and fight her sleep! Don't get me wrong, I love playing and holding my little girl, but I have to clean the house and things like that. Is it just my LO, or has anyone else been through this? I'm hoping to get my sunshine baby back!

Totally a phase. She's just getting to the next phase or "wonder week" [that lasts about a month :wacko:]. It's a big mental leap and it can cause them to be clingy, sleep regress and be a lot more fussy. Mine did the exact same and is juuuuust barely getting back to "normal". It's tough but it WILL get better! :hugs:

Totally a phase. She's just getting to the next phase or "wonder week" [that lasts about a month :wacko:]. It's a big mental leap and it can cause them to be clingy, sleep regress and be a lot more fussy. Mine did the exact same and is juuuuust barely getting back to "normal". It's tough but it WILL get better! :hugs:

Recently she has started cutting teeth, babbling actual 'words' (baba dada etc) and I thought maybe it was a growth spurt...guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and get through it! Thank you!

Recently she has started cutting teeth, babbling actual 'words' (baba dada etc) and I thought maybe it was a growth spurt...guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and get through it! Thank you!

Yep, the more they learn the more restless they become. It's such a mixed bag. Exciting to see them learn, grow and develop but overwhelming due to the fussiness/clinginess and sleeplessness. Hope it's a quick phase.
For the teething, try baltic amber teething necklace. Also getting a cold wet washcloth and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and give it to her to chew on. If she takes a paci, you can fill it with water and freeze that too! [My daughter LOVES both!] Good luck, momma! :hugs:

Hi! I had this with my DD, right at 6,7 and 8 months. She was so clingy and never wanted to be put down. I couldn't go to the bathroom without her having a major meltdown.
She started crawling at 8 months and ever since then she's been just fine! Right back to my happy lil girl again. I assumed it had something to do with the fact that she no longer relied on me to get around, she was more independent and didn't "need" me to be happy, in a way.
Is your LO crawling yet? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->