• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please tell me what monitors you have / will get . . . .

booker1981

Expecting # 2
Reaction score
I just had a tomy monitor with my son but am really stressy this time around and have been looking at the monitors with sensor mats. Im just concerned about paying all that money if its true they give out false alarms. Im really stuck with what to do . . . . . . .

So please, can you tell me which monitor you have or will be getting?

Thank you xx

Good question, lurking for responses. Have been given one by a friend but it doesn't seem to be working :shrug:

I have the sony sound sensor nursery monitor. It got really good reviews and in voice mode is supposed to eliminate all that static white noise in the background. I don't have any of the sensor ones, if I can cut the white noise I won't be so jumpy when I can hear her properly. Don't know if this helps at all....:D

i havent bought it yet but im looking at getting the Tommee Tippee Ultimate Crystal Clear Suresound.. going to look at reviews etc today...

Is there a website that maybe compares monitors and sensor mats?

I'm inheriting the BT 150 from a friend - it doesn't have a sensor function. What is that useful for?

We have a new BT one which my lovely Aunty has bought for me. We used one when Taylor was a wee tot & thought it was great, wouldn't use anything else xxx

I just have a basic Fisher Price one. For most of the day, the baby will be in the same room as me, and same at night - it's just for a couple of hours in the evening that I might have her upstairs and would need it, and I'd say I'll be checking on her pretty constantly even then.

I am going to get the Angelsounds Sound and Movement Monitor. Have read some exceptional reviews on it, and apparently the mat does not sound falsely which i was concerned about.

bt 150 for me - read reviews on here

We have had great fun playing with it already lol...I couldnt believe how clear the sounds are on it having never used one before!

I've got the basic tomy one from last time - did the job!

Same as this! I originally got a Tommee Tippee sensor mat one, the sensor mat worked fine but the actual monitor didn't work! So gave up on that and got a Tomy one and it's fine, so I'll be using that again this time too x

i bought tomy digital plus, decided against a sensor one as had also heard of the false alarms with them and thought it would cause unnecessary stress rather than reducing it

I am going to get the Angelsounds Sound and Movement Monitor. Have read some exceptional reviews on it, and apparently the mat does not sound falsely which i was concerned about.

Thats what I got to,and would highly recommend it,gives great peace of mind.
I got mine over 4 yrs ago whan I had my 1st baby,and its working prefectly now for when my 3rd lo arrives.

I've been looking at angel care one, I know someone who has it and she only started to get false alarms now that baby is over the age of 1 and sometimes moves right up to the top of her cot. She says she would rather have the false alarms than not have the sensor mat and that it doesn't happen often anyway.

x

I got the angelcare movement monitor. Have heard nothing but good things about it.

I had a respisense buzz with Imogen, which I loved and never gave a false alarm ever, and I have the new version now as they no longer replace the batteries on the buzz (slightly annoying, but they did a part exchange so it wasn't too expensive).

https://www.respisense.co.uk/

I had a respisense buzz with Imogen, which I loved and never gave a false alarm ever, and I have the new version now as they no longer replace the batteries on the buzz (slightly annoying, but they did a part exchange so it wasn't too expensive).

https://www.respisense.co.uk/

I really like the look of that one, thank you for the link.

My SIL gave me her Tomy monitors so thats the ones I will be using :)

I got the one with the breathing sensor as I plan on keeping the baby in my room or even in her room (like 20 feet away) I don't think I will need a monitor to hear her. But my husband was telling me about a video camera type monitor which maybe I will get b/c it has an iphone app so you can see baby whenever wherever. Me, OH, my parents are getting iphones next months so this may be something to consider..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"