Please tell me what you think. Lots of OPKs ;)

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I need to state the fact that these are Answer Brand OPKs and in all three of my pregnancys i NEVER got a positive with them. I always have to use a digital OPK to get a positive. So when i get one that is questionable, i use the digi, but the problem is i didn't have a digi on hand bc i didn't think i would actually ov. anytime soon. (im a breastfeeding mom, no cycles yet at 7 months PP) The only reason I had these is bc they were dirt cheap. The one in question is #5. Ive had this problem before, where part of the line is dark the rest isnt, but everything i found online said to go by the darkest part of the line to compare. But im just not convinced i Ov.ed yet. I am temping, so i'll see how it goes. #5,6, and 7 are from today. The others are from previous days (consecutively before, so there is a clear fade in and fade out pattern, but im just not sure that 5 is actually positive or not).

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/027-1.jpg

Guppy 051708,

I had the exact same problem with my OPK, for 2 months i had similar results to yours for about 5 days, never a positive dark dark line. I Wrote on a few forums and spoke to my GP, one of the possible outcomes was maybe i wasnt ovulating and that was why there was no dark line, the other was that there wasnt enough hormone to be detected but i was still ovulating so maybe because it was like that and youve been pregnant before perhaps it just means that the level of LH hormone wasnt high enough to be detected. My advice to you would be to keep testing and do it for the entire month until you get your MP if it comes, and then see your GP, Although i wouldnt worry too much if you never had a dark positive but have still concieved before :)

Good luck
BabyDust

Thanks hun! I appriciate your insight.

My chart is here for anyone interested:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Guppy051708

my temps are all over the place bc we cosleep and im BFing. I havn't had a cycle since DS2 was born (in Feb) but FF said my cycle was too long and made me split it :lol:

If this isn't positive, Im thinking my body geared up to ov. but then didn't.
Im going to keep temping. Think my BBT will say alot by tomorrow morning.
Since i dont know if that was actually positive or not, i marked it as + on FF but if my BBT decreases in the AM then i'll mark it as -

Alot of things can make ovulation swerve in a way...
if your stressed and TTC that wont help monotering your ovulation, have you done you BBT for the last few months with your OPKS? if so do they kind of match at around the same time indicating ovulation in the next 24/48 hours?

Tip- i got so frustrated with myself when TTC that it just wasnt happening for me but my MP was different still :/ i then turn't to medicine, if you go to any chinese medicine shop, you can pick up a herbal remedy called ''kun boa wan'' its 25 tablets in the morning and 25 in the evening as well same time every day, thier meant to regualte periods and are used for menopause too, all they do is make ovulation occur at the time it normally would in your normal MC. I would reccomend taking it because i was in the same posistion as you but i didnt do my BBT and i got pregnant immediatly taking kun boa wan!

Good Luck

I read on www.peeonastick.com that at least half the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be considered +. Hope I helped a little, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->