Please Welcome Olivia Simone (very long and detailed!)

tickledpink3

Mommy to Olivia and Aubre
Reaction score
Okay work with me here because alot of the details because I was so drugged up.

On Tuesday August 10, I woke up at about 2:25 to wake my boyfriend up from snoring. When I rolled over, I felt this sudden gush. Thinking that this possibly couldn't be my waters, I go to the bathroom to view my panties only to see a clear spot. I thought it was just discharge. I change my panties and put on a liner and wasn't two steps out of the bathroom until I had another large gush that sent fluid down my leg and onto the floor. I went to call my dr's office and had to wait 35 minutes for them to call me back and tell me to go on to the labor ward as it did sound like it was my water.

We called family and of course I had to take a bath first :haha: We headed to the hospital to be accessed and they used the litmus paper which turned blue quickly. However, when I went to use the bathroom, I noticed the water was now a brown color. I told the nurse who non chalantly advised me that it was "just" meconium. They admitted me to a room where they continue to do checks and found out the meconium was darker and even thicker than what they thought. After calling the doctor, they decided to up the pitocin. Yet when they did that, the baby's heart rate dropped dramatically from 147 down to 48. They ran in and shut the pitocin off and gave me a shot to stop the contractions. I laid there for a hour and they decided to start the pitocin again which sent the baby's heartrate downward.

They called the doc who was just making it into the office and had to wait for her to come in and have a look. In the mean time, they inserted a tube into my womb to flush a saline solution which would not make the meconium so thick in case the baby inhaled it during delivery. The doctor came in and explained that given the baby's reaction to the pitocin, the meconium, and the time, they would like to do a c section. Also, it appeared that the placenta was failing so the cards were stacked. I agreed to go ahead with the c section.

After getting shaved and wheeled down, they explained to me what was going to happen. I had gotten my epidural early because I just don't handle pain that well :haha: But they topped it off with another dose PLUS two doses of morphine. Apparently I am allergic to morphine because I swelled but they said as long as my vitals were strong, they wouldn't do anything about it. I felt nothing until they stated I was going to feel some pressure from the baby being removed. And that's all I felt. I could hear her darling little cry and I loved it!

Eventually they brought her over for me to see and I wanted to hold her so bad but couldn't. They allowed my boyfriend to take her out to family while they finished stitching me up. It was so weird to lay there and not be able to move. They had given me so much drugs that I could barely even feel my hands. I hear the doctors talking about something about a cyst. I had a huge dermoid cyst on my right ovary. (For those who have been following my pregnancy journal, remember the UTI and how the culture returned negative? it wasn't the UTI, it was this cyst that had caused the pain and ureter blockage) In addition, they found several fibroids in my uterus. They removed the cyst and left the fibroids alone.

I don't remember too much after that. I was wheeled to the recover room and after remaining there for about 30 minutes, I was taken to my room where I don't even remember them taking me to. I was in and out of it, only seeing people before passing out again lol

In addition to the morphine allergic reaction, I was reaction to the antibiotics they were giving me which caused me to itch terribly all over. My mom and boyfriend had to stop me from ripping off my surgical bandage for the c section incision. They wouldn't listen to my mother when she told them I was having a reaction. When I could finally tell them myself, they got me a new antiobiotic plus something called New Vein, which acts like Benadryl, to stop the itching.

About 3 hours later, the nurse comes in and they want me to get up and walk to the bathroom. I manage to do that and got to do a small splash down there to get rid of some of the blood. I got back in the bed and then they put these "boots" on me that were actually massage pads that covered my calves down to my ankles to keep me from getting blood cots. Four hours later, I was told I had to go to the bathroom and attempt to pee, which I did with success!

I rested up for the remainder of the night, still coming down off the drugs. Come to find out that also, the doctor stated the baby appeared to have the characteristics of a post term baby. Her skin was peeling and dry. They still wouldn't say exactly why she was that small.

Okay okay enough. Here she is, weighing 6 pounds, 3.3 ounces. The nursing staff loved her as she is a wonderful baby. I just hope that I can be the best mother to her as she deserves it.

Attachments

• olivia.jpg
    olivia.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to sweet baby Olivia!! I'm so happy she is here!

Awe!!! I just love Olivia! Congratulations once again D! :hugs: She is GORGEOUS!!!

congratulations on the birth of Olivia :)

Often post-term babies have lost weight before being born because the placenta stops working as well. My son was 8lbs 10oz born but the midwife (my community one who also delivered him) was sure he was over 9lbs at 40wks.

congrats on little Olivia! She's just gorgeous and I'm sure you'll be the best mummy for her. :flower:

congrats!!!!!!!!!

shes absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Congrats!!!!!! She's adorable! What a princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->