Plenty of CM ~ still use PreSeed?

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I seem to have plenty of CM every cycle, but I saw PreSeed on sale and got it. Do you use it even if you're good with CM? Does it help no matter what?

I think it is just a lubricant to use of you don't have enough. It just mimics your own CM so I don't see any need if you have lots of CM.

I am personally on Clomid, but I am trying out PreSeed this month as we have been TTC #2 for over a year. I have read a lot of success stories and from what I have gathered, PreSeed can still help even if you have natural cm. Sometimes your environment has a chance of being hostile so I don't think it'd hurt to try. :)

I also have natural CM, but thought I would try preseed as well. The first month we used it I inserted it per the instructions, and we didn't have a BFP. The second month I just used it as a bit of lubricant around the edges, and we did get a BFP. Take that FWIW!

Your own fertile CM is best for sperm , preseed can help when there is no fertile cm.

All preseed is is a fertility friendly lube. It's not going to do anything special, it just won't kill the sperm. I wouldn't use it if you don't need it. It can give you a bacterial infection from changing the ph in your vagina and once those bacterial infections start they just keep coming back and it's like a vicious cycle

The risk of bacterial infection is associated with using it during your non fertile time.

When your not in your fertile time the CM is hostel to sperm and the acidic CM kills the bacteria , when your PH is altered ( raised) your at the most risk for a bacteria infection .so yes anything that raises the PH increases the risk .
for more information on preventing bacteria infection :https://www.cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm

Yes, it can increase the risk but when used responsibly the risk is small. I am trying it because a lot of women in my fertility group suggested it. None of whom have developed infections. It has a lot to do with when and how you use it and being sure to balance your PH afterwards if necessary.

It's a good option for women who may need it. Much better than egg whites for example which carries a risk of a Salmonella infection.

Yes, it can increase the risk but when used responsibly the risk is small. I am trying it because a lot of women in my fertility group suggested it. None of whom have developed infections. It has a lot to do with when and how you use it and being sure to balance your PH afterwards if necessary.

It's a good option for women who may need it. Much better than egg whites for example which carries a risk of a Salmonella infection.

Yes the risk is small , I have used both preseed and pasteurized egg whites and never got a infection.

The risk of bacterial infection is associated with using it during your non fertile time.

I used it only during ovulation and got bacterial infections from if every time. I have 10 years of ttc under my belt and have heard of many women getting infections from it. As I'm sure you know, every one is different. Use it if you want, whenever you want I was just passing on my experience, which is what most of this is on ttc forums. Personal experience.

I used it only during ovulation and got bacterial infections from if every time. I have 10 years of ttc under my belt and have heard of many women getting infections from it. As I'm sure you know, every one is different. Use it if you want, whenever you want I was just passing on my experience, which is what most of this is on ttc forums. Personal experience.

I realize that. However you are just as likely not to get an infection. As the girls in my fertility group have not. Which I mentioned in my previous post. Everyone is indeed different and that should be respected. :) When someone comes on here looking for a product assessment it's important to give both sides of information.

Now she knows that it worked well for some people and it did not for others. That's what is most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->