Plus Size (22/24) Maternity?

lovelymiss

First Time Mommy
Reaction score
Excuse my hormonal pity party but being fat and pregnant sucks! :cry:

Because I'm not a "perfect" plus size of 16/18, and need at LEAST a 22, everything at Target, Old Navy, JCPenny's, etc is too small. Destination & Motherhood Maternity are the only places that carry 22/24 (which really, they are one store with 2 names) and their selection sucks. Plus, it is expensive. Booo.

Any advice on where to go!? I checked Kohls and their selection is 24 items! I found a pair of leggings I like, but they are $28!! I REFUSE to pay that for LEGGINGS. I fear I'm gonna be stuck in dresses and leggings all Winter as work dress code is business casual. :( I'm not worried about tops. I scored 3 basic tops (plus a pair of yoga pants & jeans) off Craigslist for $20. Plus, I can just stick to 3x loose fitting dressier tops from my regular stores. Just need business pants and some leggings. Oh, and a winter coat, but that's a whole different issue. :dohh:

Last pregnancy I was about that size as well and I had troubles, in the end I just bought larger clothes. I'm sorry I'm no help. Good luck though!

Have you looked at 2nd hand stores? Sometimes you can get lucky I'm bigger too and refuse to pay those prices for maternity but have found a few things at second hand stores

I believe Sears has some plus sized maternity clothes. My sis wears a 2x and I'm pretty sure that's where we went for her. I'll be looking for plus size maternity eventually as I'm the same size you are. The prices are outrageous sometimes so not sure how much I'll actually end up buying.

I don't need maternity clothes yet, but I am already worried about trying to find something that fits when I need it. I also wear a 20-22. Have you looked online? I browsed for a few minutes a week or so ago and they have a better selection online. I know it's better to try stuff on first, but some places have really great return policies.

I went to Motherhood for my pants and my tops are a combination of eBay, Walmart, Ross, Target, KMart and JC Penny. I just buy a size larger and make sure they're long. My work is business casual also.

Yeah, I've checked online for Motherhood/Destination as in store they have ONE rack for plus sizes. I've found a pair of grey business pants that are okay, but that's about it. I guess I can do $30 for pants. Though, I'd like to make it worthwhile and get free shipping, but I can't find much else. I'm gonna check out a second hand store today.

Oh, and Try Rocking- GREAT job on your weightloss! I lost 65lbs once, and felt fantastic. After baby is born I'd like to drop about 120.

Thanks hon! I still had about 27 lbs to go and with all the weight I've put on it'll be a while before I reach goal but I definitely felt/feel better!

Are you going to be doing a program or anything special?

Nope. Last time I did it with SparkPeople and I'll probably do that again. Or My Fitness Pal. My "plan" last time:

-I ate between 1300 and 1700 calories, and calorie "cycled." Used SP to balance carbs, protein and fat.
-I'd have one or two "cheat" days a month where I didn't bother counting calories and indulged in a meal or two I normally wouldn't.
-I worked out anywhere from 4-7 days a week. I found I did best with about 5 days a week and 1 day of light activity like walking the dog or yoga.
-Focused on more fresh foods, like fruits, veggies and meats.
-I did a lot of fitness classes w/ friends to keep me engaged & motivated.

Awesome although I would say that's doing something special!

I ended up getting pants at motherhood because the pants at target and such decided if you're big in the butt and hips then you must be giant in the waist too. so if it fit on my hips I had a giant tent of stretchy stuff for my stomach, that even now at 9 months I don't think my belly would be holding it up. Motherhood is the only place I found that has the pants that fit you well when pregnant as a plus size. even though I am a size 16/18 lol. the one I went to did have quite a few pants options above me though. I didn't even get into their version of + yet. and the quality of pants is worth the price. I only bought 4 pairs of pants from there for the whole pregnancy and that's all I've needed. really if I'm honest I only wear two. half the time I'm just naked in the house, and so I just wear pants to go out.

Tops I also got there but because there was a giant sale when I went, they had pants for 50% off and shirts buy two get one free so I did do that. the rest of my shirts I got from target (sears kinda sucked balls for shirt shopping for + size) and I'm not really a fan of the ones from target either. the only shirts I seem to wear frequently are the ones from motherhood because they compliment my body shape and belly much better then the target and sears one. heck the one from sears was falling apart day 2 of wearing it. and it had been 30 dollars. such a waste of money. target I got some great maternity dresses for 12-18 dollars each. LOVE EM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->