Plus size and doing Insanity!

heyyydayyy

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding people who have a lot of weight to lose that are trying Insanity. Ideally I would like to lose about 90 lbs, but I only have 65 lbs to get to a weight that I'm comfortable at (my pre-pregnancy weight).

I did the first workout last night and it was insane (why am I not surprised!) but I'm excited to keep going at it. I modify what I need to, and I go at my own pace, which makes it much more durable. My OH (who is already fit and is just trying to build muscle on his already lean frame) is doing the program with me. I love that he's there for me and we can do this together, but I would feel better knowing that I'm not the only fat person out there who is in over her head!

I'm not doing insanity, but I am currently working out as much as possible. I'm still 20lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, which wasn't even my happy weight. I gained 63lbs while pregnant with my son! I see you're in the OC too!

I have 50 lbs to lose and had ordered P90X last year. I am going to try it when I'm able to exercise. I had my baby 3 weeks ago so am not in any shape to do anything :( still really really sore and waddling around!

I have about 90-100lbs to lose and hubby has about 150 to lose and we are both starting Insanity on Monday...I'm soooo scared lol!

I have about 90-100lbs to lose and hubby has about 150 to lose and we are both starting Insanity on Monday...I'm soooo scared lol!

Good luck!! :thumbup: It's hard but you can modify the moves which helps a ton. Unfortunately I'm dealing with a knee injury at the moment (probably because I do my workouts on my tile floor at home- ouch!) so I can't continue the workouts until I see my doctor. Ugh! Just when I'm getting back on the wagon I get knocked right off :nope:

Ohh no! That's a bummer :( Tile is probably not a good idea lol. Do you think a yoga mat would help?

I thought about putting a tv in the basement and doing it there, but it's concrete so I'm not sure...we have a spare room that's hardwood but I think I might just do it in the living room, which is carpet...So many things to think about lol

How are you ladies doing with the Insanity? I'm thinking about starting. I have about 80lbs to lose, but would be happy with 60! OH has at least 130 to lose.

Ohh no! That's a bummer :( Tile is probably not a good idea lol. Do you think a yoga mat would help?

I thought about putting a tv in the basement and doing it there, but it's concrete so I'm not sure...we have a spare room that's hardwood but I think I might just do it in the living room, which is carpet...So many things to think about lol

I know it's a huge bummer! I haven't done any exercise in a while because my knee hurts all the time. But I made a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. Hopefully I can sort it out and pick up the workouts again! I have a wood floor in my other living room, but there's no tv there. So I'm thinking about moving my tvs around so I'm not on tile anymore. Lol there are way too many things to think about!

I couldn't do it, far too difficult for me

Not only plus size but also very unfit was not a good combo for trying insanity

I started off walking a couple of miles each day then after I dropped 2 stone I joined the gym, then I got mupyslf back in the swimming pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->