Plus Size and ttc?

mom22boys

Reaction score
I (as some of you probably know from the wwt section) am really overweight. I am just having one of those nights I guess where I am like do I really need to be doing this? Then I think of all the plus size girls I know who have babies with no problem. I was overweight with my second but I weigh more now than I did then. UGH I guess I am in just one of those moods and my hubby is not home so I guess you guys get to hear about it. This is not really a question its just a I WANT TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE! :nope:

your not alone im 20 im 5'5ft and 220lbs when i conceived my son i was only 190 im wondering if 30lbs could make the difference?

You're not alone- I'm Plus Size and TTC too. Trust me, we're out here! :hugs:

Size 24 pant (us) but also 5'11 so that helps. I work out minimum of 4 times a week and eat healthy every lunch and most dinners. Only eat poorly a few times a week. Sometimes size is just a number with little to no relevance. My blood pressure and blood sugars are alsO very healthy! Be the heqlthiest you and keep on ttc!

Im (uk16) but 5ft 1 - 180lbs - much heavier than when i got pregnant with my other 2... scared its only thing stopping me going on a diet this week (once done shopping).

however my friend is MUCH bigger than me and just became pregnant after 2 months of trying.

we may be bigger but we are still stunning ladies!! Nothin is standing in our ways!!!

im not healthy i wish i could say not sure why im bigger but its food!
i did slimming world and in 3 months lost 23lbs! .... then slowly i fancied a saturday night takeaway (not the healthy option of chow mein) then slowly 1 chocolate wont hurt then eventually was eating like old me! :(

i only work part time get me out house few evenings a week as i have 2 small children and here costs more for child care than i would earn!
i do school walks (6 times a day) works out 3 miles!

however was crying woth partner as when i get pregnant want a 'real' bump like last time sooo really trying lose weight now and eat healthy so can lose it again.

im rambling again

I'm the same - I'm size 18 (uk) and 5'6 - I know I'm hugely overweight and even though it's only our second cycle TTC, I'm worried that the weight thing is going to stand in our way. I'm doing Slimming World too (have been for ages) but I know I need to do a lot more exercise.

:(

dis u know hoovering polishing ironing all good excersise?
everything helps... i hate real excersise with a passion so spoke to my old consultant.

if you iron do it downstairs watching tv and take it up in sections..

like yours first up and down stairs then partners etc... little changes

dis u know hoovering polishing ironing all good excersise?
everything helps... i hate real excersise with a passion so spoke to my old consultant.

If you iron do it downstairs watching tv and take it up in sections..

Like yours first up and down stairs then partners etc... little changes

Would you believe I actually have a gym membership but I've not been since November :blush:

My first excuse was the terrible weather in Dec and now I'm too busy at work (Jan is my busiest month).

I should go really, I can't really afford to just waste the money every month by not going.

i know my lifes on hold ttc as i wont join gym etc coz when i get pregnsant dont want tell anyone but my partner until our first scan... i think be nice having a little secret between us and sharing those things between us.

ANYHOW - i wont join anything so people dont get suspicious LOL, but i should start swiming and things. im useless

LOL - know what you mean!!

I'm easing up on the drinking & loads of people are asking whats wrong with me... I keep saying I'm on antibiotics!! They will think I have the longest illness in history!!

yeh i think im gunna revert to drinking water except my morning jo. Cause last time i did i lost 4lbs a week for like 5 weeks n then i went to mcdonalds n had a coke..... it was a downhill losing battle from that day so maybe i should get back on the band wagon.

Thanks everyone. I had lost 110 lbs when I was dating my husband 13 years ago, then one kid and a few pounds added, another kid plus a few more pounds plus a few weeks in the hospital with my second kid 10 lbs in one week (yes it is possible!) Then a few more here and there and now we have ME!!! LOL

I am also plus size. I was over weight when I had the other two but now I am 70 lbs more than I wad then. I can't even call it pregnancy weight I never lost bEcause I lost the weight I gained with each pregnancy. I gained the 70 lbs while I was in nursing school. I have started eating healthy and following the weight watchers plan and I have lost 9 lbs so far. I want to healthy and I would love to have a cute baby bump this time around. Don't feel alone because we all struggle with it and it is very hard and something we will deal with the rest of our lives.

I'm overweight and about to start TTC next month. I don't think height/weight etc really matter bc everyone carries their weight differently. BUT I'm eating healthier, taking vitamins, and getting more exercise so I think that I will continue to get healthier and having a little cupcake in there will inspire me even more to continue to improve my habits and do what is best for my body for baby. I've already started eating things I normally hate just because I really want this pregnancy and I know being in the best shape I can will help everything. I'm already SO inspired and there's not even a little bean in there yet!
But yes, I hope to only put on 15-20 lbs during pregnancy bc that is recommended for overweight mommies. And I believe after baby comes I will only continue to be healthy and I'll have a much easier time losing weight with the dramatic change in my eating and exercise habits. Also, there's no better exercise in the world than chasing around little ones all day every day lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->