Plus size... bf support pillow?

BabyMaybe917

Mommy
Reaction score
There are several options for support pillows for bf like the Boppy or Mybrestfriend. But what works best for plus sized mommas? I quickly put the boppy around me once and wasn't impressed but obviously didn't give it a try with my baby. Just wondering what your recommendations are?

We've just started putting my little one to the breast and I'm not impressed with juggling two regular pillows and her while trying to get her to latch! And she doesn't even squirm. I can't imagine adding her wiggling to the mix. :dohh:

I use a regular v shaped pillow and find it works well for underarm and cross cradle feeding

You could make a boppy really easily, I was planning to then hubby bought me one. I haven't had a chance to use it yet as baby is still cooking but if it turns out it's not right I'll make one bigger.

Cut 2 semi circles of fabric with the inner circumference being your waist size, round off the edges, Stitch together and fill with stuffing.

I'm a UK size 20.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjKW5X0xpXs

You could make a boppy really easily, I was planning to then hubby bought me one. I haven't had a chance to use it yet as baby is still cooking but if it turns out it's not right I'll make one bigger.

Cut 2 semi circles of fabric with the inner circumference being your waist size, round off the edges, Stitch together and fill with stuffing.

I'm a UK size 20.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjKW5X0xpXs
I don't have the best record for sewing. I've tried and would love to but things don't seem to stay sewed. My stitching seems to come right back out :dohh: Maybe I'll have a friend over go give me some pointers! :haha:

I have a My Brest Friend and it's amazing! It adjusts to your body so I'd say it'd definitely be the best. I hated my boppy since it never quite fit right on me, but that's just me. I also had an extremely squirmy baby so having the stability of the strap keeps my twins from sinking in while nursing :haha:

I have a My Brest Friend and it's amazing! It adjusts to your body so I'd say it'd definitely be the best. I hated my boppy since it never quite fit right on me, but that's just me. I also had an extremely squirmy baby so having the stability of the strap keeps my twins from sinking in while nursing :haha:
I'm guessing you have the twins/plus version of it? I think that's what I'm leaning towards it just looks so big and bulky. It seems like it'd hard to take anywhere.

I'm guessing you have the twins/plus version of it? I think that's what I'm leaning towards it just looks so big and bulky. It seems like it'd hard to take anywhere.

Oops sorry I didn't specify! Yea, if you plan on taking it places then yea it'd be a pain because it is pretty bulky.

Well I'm going for it anyways. I want something that'll stay in place and fit around MY waist. I found a gently used one for $25 and still be picking it up tomorrow.

If you had an Ikea near you, you could pick up a V pillow for £7 (I don't know how much in $) but they are fab and great for plus size mums plus when your down feeding, you can use it yourself x

We don't have any ikea anywhere near us. They are building one 1hr 30 mins from us though!

And I like that the one I'm getting can't slide around!

I used the My Brestfriend Plus this morning and I loved it!!! It helped so much compared to a regular pillow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->