Plus Size & losing weight while preg?

alyssa.s

Reaction score
Hi gals,
This is my first post in second tri, and honestly I'm surprised I made it! I went to my last first trimester appointment and has lost 12 pounds, when I went the month before, I had also lost 12 pounds. So since my 6 week intake appointment I have lost 24 pounds. I reminded the nurse I had had terrible morning sickness to which she scoffed "yeah, but did you stop eating too?" When my doctor came in he said it wasn't an issue but no more weight should be lost, but it was also my first appointment with him so I am still feeling it out. Mind you, I am a bigger gal, size 22. So while I am losing all this weight I still feel like I started to show. Have any of you that already have babies experienced this??

I was 232lbs when I got pregnant. I got down to 209 by the time I was around 24 weeks due to MS. My Dr said simply that I could afford it. She wasn't concerned because I was eating. I still showed around 19 weeks, baby was almost 10lbs and everyone was good to go.
Don't worry about it too much, I think for larger gals it happens. Especially if MS is a factor.

I was lighter at the end of my last pregnancy than at the start through a combination of morning sickness and gestational diabetes. I'm still a few pounds over in this pregnancy but not nearly as much. The weight is still coming off for the same reasons.

Im 169 lbs which for my height is a healthy number, i started this pregnancy at 169lbs!

This baby is my very own little weight watcher, ill eat a packet of chrips and think ohh ill have another and baby will say nope, here feel sick instead! I will make a great big dinner and be enjoying it and baby will say "think you have had enough big mama here feel sick!"

My 1st baby 10 years ago i was 154 lbs after he was born i was 140lbs, he was 9lbs!

As long as you know you are eating enough i wouldnt worry about weight, enought to keep you both happy and healthy :D

I'm not a huge girl but I am overweight, I weigh 12st 7lb in the uk the only diet that is ok to do is slimming world so I've been doing that for the past 4 weeks and I've lost 9lb. Which I'm pleased with. With my son I lost 2stone while pregnant. Pregnancy effects everyone differently some gain lots some lose. This pregnancy my only craving so far is ice water so just plain water with ice cubes. I drink so much a day. Well I used to drink fizzy etc so just cutting that out will help me lose weight. This baby also likes apples and the thought of takeaway turns my stomach so it's all good them telling you to not lose anymore weight but if your pregancy is anything like mine then you won't be able to help it!
As long as you feel good and baby is growing fine then I wouldn't worry, my midwife told me baby takes everything it needs from you so only you will feel rubbish.. Baby will be fine x

Thanks everyone! Sleepy, my baby is the exact same. I'm like hmm I want some chips! Then I look at the package and want to be sick. Oh well!

I'm in the same boat. At my 8 week appointment, my dr said I'm "obese" and only allowed to gain 15 lbs the whole pregnancy. I'm 210 lbs and a size 18. Whatever. I'm "healthy" lol. At my 12 week, she was upset with me because I lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm sorry! I eat like a normal human being! I'm not doing anything different!

I feel the same. If anything I have been eating healthier like they told me to. I also have been walking every night for at least 30 minutes. When I told this to the nurse she said I needed to increase what I eat for that activity. LADY, do you not get I will literally get the gags???

I've lost 12 pounds in 26 weeks. It's great actually! My midwife doesn't track weight actively. She expects me to track it and maintain a weight i'm comfortable with because she feels the weight tracking makes women feel shamed. I asked her if the loss was a concern and she said no. It would only be a concern if I wasn't feeling well (I'm fine) if I was going hungry (I'm not) or if I wasn't measuring well (I'm measuring right on time).

With my DD I was maybe 140lbs pre pregnancy and ended up gained over 50lbs during the pregnancy. Kept that and some after birth but my doctor wasn't concerned. This time around I was 210lbs at my 8 weeks appointment which puts me as being "obese" for my height.i have since lost almost 10lbs but my doctor isn't really concerned either way. As long as I'm not gaining or losing excessively she's fine with my weight. Baby will always get what it needs from you so as long as you're not hungry or feel ill I'm sure it's fine.

It definitely has been hard for me to eat, but I don't think I'm malnourished. If anything I'm probably eating what I should instead of overeating. Sometimes nothing sounds good :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->