Plus size momas and TTC

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies i'm a uk 20 and I'm due to start ttc on boxing day and I was wondering do you believe that ur weight is or has affected your ability to get pregnant. I would love to hear your stories.

many thanx x

Yes. I was about a size 16 and losing 3.5 stone shortened my cycles a little from about 40 days to between 30-35 and being healthier and fitter definitely helped. Took us 3 years to conceive and I know losing weight helped. It's helped me to have a healthier pregnancy too as now I know about healthy nutrition.

I'm a UK 20-22 and I was when I conceived my first daughter after two weeks of stopping the pill. This time I had the implant and its taking me longer so I don't really believe my issue is down to my size. Although I know what a Dr would say!!

X

I was plus size with both of my children's pregnancies. And I still am with this new one! I think the only way it can affect you is if your cycles are out of whack. If you are regular and ovulating I don't think it really affects your ability to get pregnant.

I know it has. I have PCOS. When I am heavier, my body does not use estrogen correctly and stores it in the fat cells. When I lose weight, the estrogen is released and I am having periods again though I dont always ovulate with them.
When I got pregnant with my son, I had recently lost over 220 lbs.

Yes i'm a UK size 18/20 and was TTC with my previous partner for nearly three years, got a new partner and didn't lose any weight, when we TTC was 4 months, had a perfect pregnancy no raised BP etc but resulted in a C-Section birth as my induction failed and I had a 10lber hiding in there. I also have PCOS and that is where my weight lies! So I don't believe its anything to do with my weight in the slightest!! I am now NTNP/TTC number 2 and I am only 4lbs heavier and my son is one year old :) x :dust:

Here is a study, with references that talks about how weight can affect fertility with PCOS.

Yes, you may get pregnant without losing weight. Alot of people do. However, losing weight will get you ovulating more regularly and help ensure you're not having an anovulation period.

I have pulled out my thermometer and my microscope, my AF is due tomorrow and I got a negative test this morning with fmu so shes coming for sure. Started my temps and whatnot this morning :) I didn't get much chance to chart last time as I got pregnant on that cycle!

My doctor says me been over weight is why i cant get pregnant with baby number 2 i been tryin over a tear since coming off the injection xx

hey ladies. I live in the US and size 24. the last time I weighed myself I was around 263. I believe it has a lot to do with the fact I have been TTC for 2 years. I used to be a size 13 and under 190 when I got pregnant with my son. Only took me about 13 months to get my BFP. But when I was pregnant with my son I had gained 80 pounds! was trying to lose that weight for a long time, and decided to get the Mirena IUD, had that in for 4 1/2 years and gained some weight on that as well. I tried losing weight, but something about birth control makes it really hard for me to lose weight, but I gain weight just by looking at a cupcake. I always wanted 2 kids, but I didn't want them to have no more than a 6 year gap between them. So I got my mirena taken out 2 years ago, and we have been trying ever since, I didn't think it would take this long, but it is, and I blame myself for this. Now my son just turned 6 this last October, so the age gap is unavoidable at this point. I will just be happy to get pregnant now. I'm on a diet right now, trying to lose some pounds, hoping the more I lose the easier it will get to conceive. I will still TTC#2, I'm just having more stuff to do I guess, when it's time to take a pregnancy test, it's time to step on the scale, If I don't get a BFP at least I have the scale to look forward to, to tell me how much iv'e lost :laugh2: I have lost about 30 pounds so far!

I'm not sure if uk sizes and us sizes are different but I am in the US and I am currently a size 17. I am ttc #4 and on the 3rd or 4th cycle ttc. I have always been overweight and between the sizes of about 14 to 20 during the conception times of my 3 children. I conceived #1 and #2 within 5 mths of being sexually active and #3 was conceived 9 mths after I gave birth to #2. We were actually practicing pulling out when I got pregnant with #3. I agree that if your cycles are fairly regular then you should be regularly ovulating and stand as good of a chance at a normal conception as anyone else. I never had any problems in the past and I am hoping to have similar luck in the future. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

hey ladies. I live in the US and size 24. the last time I weighed myself I was around 263. I believe it has a lot to do with the fact I have been TTC for 2 years. I used to be a size 13 and under 190 when I got pregnant with my son. Only took me about 13 months to get my BFP. But when I was pregnant with my son I had gained 80 pounds! was trying to lose that weight for a long time, and decided to get the Mirena IUD, had that in for 4 1/2 years and gained some weight on that as well. I tried losing weight, but something about birth control makes it really hard for me to lose weight, but I gain weight just by looking at a cupcake. I always wanted 2 kids, but I didn't want them to have no more than a 6 year gap between them. So I got my mirena taken out 2 years ago, and we have been trying ever since, I didn't think it would take this long, but it is, and I blame myself for this. Now my son just turned 6 this last October, so the age gap is unavoidable at this point. I will just be happy to get pregnant now. I'm on a diet right now, trying to lose some pounds, hoping the more I lose the easier it will get to conceive. I will still TTC#2, I'm just having more stuff to do I guess, when it's time to take a pregnancy test, it's time to step on the scale, If I don't get a BFP at least I have the scale to look forward to, to tell me how much iv'e lost :laugh2: I have lost about 30 pounds so far!

Way to go! I know how hard it is to loose weight! I got up to almost 300 lbs within the last couple years. My baby is also 6. My husband at the time had had a vasectomy shortly after #3 was born b/c that was #6 for him. He and I split and now I am ttc with my new hubby. I have come a long way in my weightloss journey as well. I had lost about 35 lbs and then quit for about a year. In February of last yr I was sick of how I looked and felt and decided to do something about it. I was 268 lbs. Today I weigh in around 200 give or take a few due to the holidays lol. I applaude your efforts! Keep up the good work!

hi ladies thanks for the replies. whats everyones bfp plan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->